Chapter 15 <3

^^ korra pic for my return >:))

Fun Fact: this is named "UPDATE YOU GODDAMN FOOL" in my notes :))
So, let's go on a bit of a tangent, shall we? I haven't updated since June, like a great author does! (no you dolt you're just lazy ["I'll write laterrr" *dissapears for seven months*]) I AM IN HIGHSCHOOL NOW and that's crazy. I'm crazy! so while I have no excuse for the lack of updates, I provide you with this. Welcome to my theatre children, beware, the gods are at play :))

A few normal days later~~

It's the same uniform, same people, same remarks. But it was different. I had been up all night trying to decide on my next moves, by the time I figured it out, it was time to get ready for the day (a/n: me when writing tho). It was cold and foggy, quite representative of my current mood (a/n: edgy queen). The chilly air easily penetrated the thin fabric of our shirts, so most were wearing the school-branded crewnecks to layer over our uniform. If i'm being honest we just looked like a knock-off Gryffindor from Harry Potter, but oh well.

I walked inside the school the smell of sweat permeating the air as a high school does. As my nose crinkled in mild disgust at the smell, I saw a head full of shining hair blonde hair make its way towards me in the hall.

Hayden easily towered over the most of the students, being six-feet-tall, but I pretended not to see him. I didn't have the energy to converse with someone so cheery this early in the morning, let alone fake it. But fate wanted to laugh at me, and I must say, I did find it a funny joke.

"Trinhhhhhhh~~" Hayden called out in a sing-song voice.

I took a deep breath, put on a slight smile, and turned to face him. As always, I was blinded by the lights (a/n: -the weeknd) coming from his smile. How a person could fake one so well was beyond me.

"Yes, Hayden? It's quite early in the morning for you to be so bright and cheery, does even the cold and fog not dampen your mood?" I ask, making eye contact with his golden irises.

"Nope! My chef made pancakes this morning, with syrup and berries of course, so it's been a good morning!" He replied, now walking alongside me to my first class.

"Hm." I responded, distracted by my own thoughts.

"Woww, someone's talkative today, something on your mind?" The way he asked the question was meant to sound sweet I suppose, but he just sounded like a nosy aunt, trying to get information out of me. So I took this as the perfect opportunity to let him slide further and further.

I sighed, and lowered my voice, "It's the mafia."

Oh and he sure seemed delighted that his plan worked, he thought he was getting closer.

"Really? What's wrong, maybe I can help," he replied, fake concern dripping from each word coming out of his mouth. I couldn't tell if I wanted to laugh at him or puke at how it disgusted me.

"I don't think you would exactly be able to help out with a mafia now would you," we both chuckled a bit, "but recently some of your guys have been snooping around outside of my house and so I haven't been able to let Malum or Katy come by out of fear. Malum's retired, and Katy's just a kid, they wouldn't be able to do anything if they come after them," I explain.

I mean it's sort of true, his people have been snooping around, but really the only problem is I have to pretend to actually live there for longer, and that's annoying because I have less time at headquarters. So I tried to get him go back off for the sake of a child, who he seemed to like enough.

Concern, and quickly concealed anger, genuinely crossed his face, "Oh really? I didn't even know, my mother must have sent them, I'll get them removed quickly," and for a split second, I could see the true Hayden in those eyes. Dark and dangerous.