Prologue

It was time, tonight I was going to escape the orphanage. I've had been there for seven miserable years, waiting for my parents to come pick me up. I packed my bag with the food I'd been saving for the past week. Since my room was on the first floor all I had to do was unlock my window and climb out. Even if I had walked out the front door, I doubt they would've really cared. They all treated me like a piece of sh*t anyways.

I unlocked the window, and ran out of the orphanage and never looked back... ok that's a lie I did look back once... ok maybe twice... but to be fair I did live there for seven years!

As I was running down the road I found a little alleyway that was dark, but fairly clean. It was one behind apartments, so all it really had were some dumpsters and luckily a thrown out cushion. It seemed too convenient, but oh well. I laid down on the corduroy cushion, took out my threadbare blanket, and fell into the sweet embrace of sleep (a/n: you must be a small as* child to fit on a cushion).

I was awakened by the sound of running footsteps. Who dared to interrupt my sleep, I was going to give a piece of my mind. I peeked out from under my blanket seeing a man in a suit running towards me carrying... a safe? I had only seen them in spy movies they played once a month at the orphanage, but I was guessing it wasn't the trending new bag to be carrying around. He seemed to be in a rush, but he had woken me up so I wasn't going to just let him off was I?

I quickly got out of my blanket, and when the man was about to pass me I used all of my seven year old strength and pounced on him. For some reason, he actually fell to the ground. I poked him on the cheek because he wasn't saying anything. I saw a pool of blood slowly coming from where his head connecting to the floor, oh.

I quickly got up and remembered that he was running, but from who? I looked down the alleyway to find... BARNEY THE DINOSAUR... no just kidding. I found a different man in a suit holding a gun and wearing a slightly shocked face.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I could ask the same miss," he replied.

"Well yeah, this is America, we have freedom of speech or whatever. The problem is I still don't who you are mister."

He chuckled slightly, "Alright little one, my name is Don. What's your name?"

"The mean, old lady at the orphanage told me not to tell my name to strangers, otherwise I'll get kidnapped and rap*d," I said back to him.

"It's fine, I'm someone who gets rid of those people," he said lightly.

"Yeah competition gets tough sometimes, doesn't it mister?" I retorted sarcastically.

He laughed and said "Alright, alright, okay, here," he walked towards me slowly and pulled out a badge.

It said, "Don Helman, age thirty-five, your old mister," he chuckled lightly, "CIA squad 34, agent 1876." (a/n: Gomenasai, I know absolutely nothing about the CIA, so this is probably incorrect.)

"Huh, so I guess you're not going to kidnap me then," I said.

"Yes, I'm not going to kidnap you, so what your name?"

"My name's Trinh, but people call me Trinity."

"What about your last name?" He inquired.

"Gali."

"Since I'm not going to kidnap you, would like to come with me? I can give you food and shelter, and anything else you might need."

"That just sounds like glorified kidnapping, mister."

He laughed a little before regaining his posture.

"Well isn't adoption the same?"

"I never said it wasn't."