1

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I put on the wedding dress in the fitting room all by myself as I was still stunned with what is currently happening at the moment. I took a long time in here even though wearing the dress did not take more than 10 minutes for me. I just stared at myself wearing the dress that is not meant for me but it fitted me anyway.

"Rosie, are you done in there?", Taehyung, my father's assistant asked from outside.

"Yeah, I'm coming.", I replied before I opened the door.

Taehyung smiled as he sees me, "You are ready. Just one thing left...you need some makeup done."

Just then, a beautiful lady came and stood beside Taehyung.

"I'll do the make up.", she said as she showed her makeup bag. "Hi, Rosie. I'm Jennie, professional makeup artist your father hired for your big day.", she introduced herself to me with enthusiasm showing that she loves to do her job and cannot wait to touch my face.

"It's not my big day actually...", I muttered while looking down to the floor.

"Uh, Jennie-ssi. You can't call her Rosie. Only her family members and close friends do. To you, she's Park Chaeyoung. Do call her Chaeyoung instead of Rosie, okay?", Taehyung said to the black haired lady beside him.

Jennie looked flustered by Taehyung's words that she quickly apologized to me, "I'm so sorry, Chaeyoung-ssi. Taehyung-ssi, I tend to get excited and friendly with my client. I'm so sorry again."

I looked up to Taehyung and asked him how long do I have before the ceremony starts.

"Half an hour. Why, Rosie?", he responded as he glanced at his watch for a second.

"Nothing, oppa.", I replied.

"Rosie...you won't run away like your sister, right?", he asked in a low voice, not wanting Jennie to hear him.

I smiled a bit, "And ruin everything so my family got humiliated? No, oppa. I won't do that."

He patted my shoulder lightly, "That's Rosie that I know. Don't worry, okay? I know Jimin, he won't hurt you. It's not your fault nor his."

I nodded a little before telling him to go out so that Jennie can do her job on my face. Once he left us alone, Jennie started to do what she is here for and I stayed quiet thinking of everything that is happening today.

"Unnie, where are you now?", I thought to myself thinking of my sister, Kang Seulgi.

Park Jimin's POV

I clenched my fist so hard as I stared out to the window of the hall. I could not say a word after what I have been told by my father this morning. At the same time, I was thinking of why Seulgi is doing this to me.

We were supposed to get married today but she suddenly disappear without a word. She only left an email to me, my father and her father telling that she is sorry and she cannot make it for our wedding day today. I was angry with it and wanted to look for her but the situation right now does not allow it.

Therefore, my father and her father made a drastic decision for today. Because of our families are two big companies in the country, they do not want to be humiliated just because the bride ran away. Plus, my father did not want to fight with her father just because of this issue. They have been friends since high school. So, they decided to keep the wedding going and I have to marry Seulgi's adopted sister, Park Chaeyoung.

"Jimin, are you ready?", Seokjin who is my best friend and also works for my family's company asked as he entered my waiting room.

I sighed to his question, "Am I ready, hyung? I don't know anymore."

He approached me and side hugged me trying to comfort my broken heart.

"Take it easy. You said it yourself, you don't want to disappoint your father more. It's enough with what Seulgi did already. You don't want him to get sick, right?", he told me.

"Yeah but I still don't get it. Why did she left just like that? And why now? I can't even think of anything else to do right now. I...how can I marry someone I don't even love, hyung?", I broke down a little as I said those things to him.

Seokjin patted my back to calm me down, "But, you know her, right?"

"I do but...I don't love her. I love Seulgi, her sister.", I replied.

"You agreed to this, Jimin. You still have time to change your mind but you have to think not only about yourself. Think about your father, Director Kang and also the media. They know these two companies will merge after the wedding. You can run away like Seulgi did but you have to think of the consequences, Jimin. Think of how many people will get affected of it.", he told me.

I nodded to him, "Guess I have no choice then."

He gave me a handkerchief to wipe my tears and I took it. I wiped the tears that threatened to fall while he checked my whole outfit briefly.

"Everything's going to be okay, Jimin. Take it easy, okay?", he said before we heard a knock on the door calling for my name.

"The bride is ready. How is the groom?"

🥀🥀🥀

*My dear readers, how was this chapter? I hope you enjoy it. I'll see you next time...by the way, please always...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself