20

Park Chaeyoung's POV

A busy day at the hospital as usual. This morning, I just carried out a hernia repair surgery for a patient that was admitted here yesterday. After the surgery, I went down to the cafeteria to eat an early lunch.

While I was eating, Jaehyun joined me.

"I haven't seen you around much. Busy at the east wing?", I asked him who was busy watching the TV news.

He briefly looked at me and smiled, "Yeah."

A very short answer which is very unlikely of him. He usually talks a lot whenever we meet. I wondered what interesting news he is watching though. I turned around and looked at the TV news that he was so into with.

"The alarming number of cases from yesterday seemed to be coming from these locations...", I turned back to drink as I heard the journalist talking about the coronavirus pandemic that everyone have been worried of.

I, myself, am worried about it too. Every day I will make time to read the news about it and pray that the number of cases will go down. Every each day, I think of everyone around me and hope that no one will get infected with it.

Jaehyun who has done eating and have his mask back to cover his face suddenly sighed and talked to me, "These people should have more patience at times like this."

I looked up at him and asked why he sighed.

"Just look at that. They had a fight and caused a new cluster. All because they can't wait in line.", he said while pointing at the TV.

I turned and looked at it again. "Where is that from?", I asked as the screen now showed the advertisement.

"The S Mall.", Jaehyun answered as he stood up. "I'll make a move first.", he said as he put on his face shield. The east wing of the hospital is where the coronavirus patients are located at and Jaehyun worked at that side as an orthopaedic resident at the third floor. Everyone that worked at that side are required to wear face shield and face mask.

"Okay, see you.", I bid him goodbye as I waited for the news to come again.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

"Gosh, I really have to go out.", I said as I took the empty shampoo that I used and put it inside the trash bin.

It was Chaeyoung's shampoo and I used it without telling her. I better get a new one before she realizes what I did to it. I cannot meet an angry lion in this house just because of this lavender scent shampoo.

While I take down the trash to the trash bin outside the house, my phone rang but I refused to take it out from my pants. Not until I clean my hands first.

"Wait, wait. What is this urgent call about?", I sighed as the ringtone never ends.

After washing my hands, I took my phone out and looked at the name on the screen.

"Chaeyoung?", I got worried if she would ask me about the text I sent her last night. "No, no..", the ringtone ended. Only for a second. "Uh, fine...", I gave up ignoring and answered the call.

"Yes, Chae..."

"Jimin, what mall did you go to the other day?", Chaeyoung cut me off before I could finish talking.

I frowned as I closed the door behind me.

"What?", I asked even though I clearly heard her voice.

She sounded anxious at the other end as she repeated, "I ask you. Where did you go that you got yourself injured last time?"

I thought for a while before replying, "The S Mall. Why? What about it, Chaeyoung?"

"Gosh, Jimin..", I heard her saying with a gasp.

"Chaeyoung, what is it?", I asked as she made me worried for no reason.

"Jimin, you better come here now and get yourself tested.", she said to me as I try to understand what she was saying. "Just bring yourself and Jungkook here! Listen to me, can you?!", she suddenly shouted before I heard someone else's voice in her background.

"Dr Park, please calm down. You'll scare the others away."

She said sorry to that person and back to speaking to me, "Jimin, listen. I'm getting myself tested for Covid-19. You should do the same. Jungkook too. I...I really really ask of you to do this. Please..."

I became scared all of a sudden.

"Why?", I asked.

"A man who was involved in the fight at S Mall is tested positive yesterday. There's a new cluster because of that too, Jimin. You better come here now and get tested too. Please..", she sounded like she is crying.

I suddenly felt dizzy knowing that.

"Jimin, do you hear me?", Chaeyoung asked.

I told myself to stay calm before I responded, "I...I hear you. I will go there soon."

🥀🥀🥀

Double update. ✌🏻I hope you enjoy it. By the way, please always...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself