35

Park Jimin's POV

Flashback to middle school years...

As soon as I arrived at school, I went to my locker and looked at the chocolate milk that was left in there. When I took the milk, I saw a sticky note under it and quickly read what was written on it. After that, Seulgi and Sungwoon surprised me from behind asking me why I went down from the school bus so fast that morning.

"I thought I left my book in here so I came to check it.", I lied to them. There was no way I would tell them the truth. "Who is this Rosie?", I voiced out in a low volume as I followed them from behind.

It had been four times I received something in my locker and the sender left a sticky note reminding me to eat or drink whatever she left in there. She did not do it everyday so I did not get to catch her yet. I guessed I should start to come early to school to find out about this mysterious breakfast sender.

'Hi...Jiminie. ^_^

Happy 10th Birthday to you. Today I got you something more than just a choco milk. I got you this chocolate bar to celebrate your birthday. Hope you like it and keep smiling, Jimin.

-From Rosie✌🏻-'

'Hi, Jiminie..

Happy Birthday! It's your 11th birthday this year, congratulations! I have extra allowance so I bought you this brownies. Hope you love it and enjoy the day, Jiminie.

-From Rosie ✌🏻-'

'Hi, Jimin..

Happy 12th Birthday to you! I can't believe the year goes by quickly...you will enter middle school next year, I guess this is the last time I can write you a letter like this. I hope you enjoy all the sweets and chocolates I bought for you. But don't eat all at once or you'll hurt your teeth. Enjoy your day and hope to see you again in coming years.

-From Rosie ✌🏻-'

For 3 straight years, she left me a handwritten letter on my birthdays. Her letter was simple, just wishing me a happy birthday and told me what she got for me each year.

The letter on my 12th birthday made me wonder if she is someone close to me. It was like she has been watching me all these years but I never realized her at all. And the word 'last time' made me think she is younger than me but who is she? Her name did not even help me at all. Rosie? All of the students at the school were Korean. Rosie is like an English name. Our school did not have foreigner student.

When I got into middle school, I forgot about her for a while. Just...a while.

'Hi...Jimin.

Umm, do you remember me? I thought I will not get to write a letter to you anymore but guess what? I wrote this letter for you!! Happy 13th Birthday, Jimin. I hope you enjoy today like previous years. I made you this apple pie with my dad. I heard you like apples. Make sure to eat it when you get it, okay? See you next year.

-Rosie ✌🏻-'

Unexpectedly, I received a letter again in my locker at middle school. But, I never get anything on the other days like during elementary school. She only gave me that letter and another one the next year. She did not give anything on my 15th birthday. She just disappeared like that.

🥀🥀🥀

I snatched the box from Chaeyoung's hands when she refused to let me read the letter that had my name, JIMIN written as big as she could write and her name, Rosie written small at the right corner of the letter. That was her last letter on my 14th birthday.