2

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I cannot believe that now I am no longer a single lady. Everything went too fast within an hour. I walked down the aisle with my father, he gave me to the man that will be my husband on the stage, I said my vows, he did the same, we said the words "I do" to the officiant and we kissed.

Smooth.

The ceremony ended with both of us meeting the guests which mostly are our family members, close friends to our fathers and the media.

Now, we are on our way to our house in my family's limousine.

Park Jimin's POV

I cannot believe that now I am a married man. I did not even know how it happened. Everything happened too fast as if I did not even want to remember it again. I feel blank, I feel nothing, I feel like I did not know what is happening around me at the moment.

"Jimin..?", a light tap on my knee startled me from my pensiveness.

I looked at the older man sitting on my left.

"Yes, Director Kang.", I responded to him.

Then, I heard the old man laughed with my father who sits on my right side. I looked at them one by one with curious face. My eyes caught a glance at the lady wearing white dress sitting opposite from me before I looked away from her eyes.

"Jimin-ah, you're married to my daughter. You can call me father now, son.", Director Kang Daesung said as he patted my shoulder with a friendly manner.

"Oh..yeah, father. I'm sorry I...forgot.", the last word was almost unheard as I purposely turned down my volume.

"Jimin, your father-in-law was asking you something just now. You didn't hear it, weren't you?", my father said to me.

I looked back at Director Kang in guilt and apologized for not listening to whatever he was saying earlier.

And again, he and my father laughed at me.

"It's okay, Jimin. Don't apologize. I was just asking you if you are ready to see your house so young man...are you ready?", Director Kang asked as the door of the limousine is opened from outside.

I lost my words as I just nodded to him. Then, my father walked out first before I followed him. My eyes grew wide as I looked at the white bricks covered by green vines that filled the two-storey big house in front of me.

"How do you like it, Jimin? Chaeyoung?", my father asked as I see Director Kang helping his daughter to walk out of the limousine.

"I...I kind of like it.", I said half-heartedly as I was used to be living alone at my own small studio apartment before this.

"Chaeyoung, what do you think?", my father asked the silent lady next to me.

She looked around carefully before she turned to my father, "Are we all going to stay here together?"

For the third time, our fathers laughed today. But this time it was because of her, not me.

"Chaeyoung, we bought this house for you and Jimin. You and Jimin are going to live here from now on.", Director Kang said after the laugh which shocked the both of us, the youngsters.

"ME AND JIMIN?! LIVE TOGETHER?! TWO OF US?!!"

"ME AND CHAEYOUNG?! LIVE TOGETHER?! TWO OF US?!!"

Surprisingly, we both yelled the same thing as we pointed to each other and to the house in front of us.

Our fathers and her father's driver were shocked by our yelling. Chaeyoung quickly bowed her head and apologized while I repeated my words in a calmer way to them.

"Yes and since the lockdown will start at midnight, I really hope you two can get along well, Jimin, Chaeyoung.", my father said as he handed me a key. "This is the key to the house. Inside, there are keys for your cars in the garage beside the door. We've prepared everything for you here to live together. Just...Chaeyoung's belongings..they are on their way here. Right, Daesung?", my father told us.

Director Kang nodded before he held his daughter's hand, "I know this is too sudden for both of you but we know you two will be getting along well. If not, why did you two agree to this marriage, right?"

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I pulled my father into a hug when he said those words to me. I hugged him tight and whispered to him, "I just don't want to humiliate you, dad. You've done a lot for me..."

I was on the verge of crying but my father rubbed my back to comfort me.

"Don't say that, my sunshine. I didn't do anything much. You are the one who always doing great in everything you do. You hear me?", he said to me as we let go of each other.

"Thanks to your prayers.", I replied with a little smile.

He smiled back at me and said, "I pray that your marriage with Jimin will last forever, okay?"

🥀🥀🥀

After the goodbye session with our fathers, both of us entered the house quietly without saying anything to each other. Both of us looked around and saw a big staircase at the middle that lead to two opposite directions. Three doors seen from where we stood, one at the left side, one at the right side and one at the center which can be reached first when you go to the second floor. If we look straight from the front door, we could see a swimming pool at the back side of the house.

While I was busy scanning through the surrounding, a hand waving in front of my face interrupted my focus.

"Y..yes?", I uttered in response.

"I've decided. You see the room over there?", Jimin pointed to the right side of the second floor and I nodded to him. "That is my room. And the one on the left side, that's yours. Okay?", he told me as I tried to register his words into my mind. "Chaeyoung-ssi, do you hear me?", he asked as I was silent to him for a minute.

I blinked as he snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Did you hear what I said?", he asked me.

I nodded to him as I concluded, "We...have separate rooms."

Jimin snapped his fingers again before taking his luggage and bags that are already prepared near the front door with him.

"Isn't it great? We can still do our own things without interfering one another. You have your own space and so do I. Nice, isn't it?", he said as he started to walk upstairs.

I slowly nodded as I realized that this marriage will not change anything in my life. Only one thing is changed which is my status. I should be happy about this, right?

"I can survive lockdown, this is a piece of cake.", Jimin sounded happy or relaxed saying those words.

Yeah, you can survive lockdown.

🥀🥀🥀

*I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. I'll see you again next time...by the way, please always...👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Stay safe
Stay home (unless you have to go somewhere and can't avoid it)
Wear face mask
Sanitize when necessary
Take care of yourself