27

Park Chaeyoung's POV

As soon as my father-in-law's car is no longer on our sight, I slowly let go of Jimin's arm that was clinging on mine. I wanted to quickly get back inside but he grabbed my hand stopping me from walking away.

"Jimin, let go.", I asked him nicely as I did not want to argue with him out here at the porch.

"Where are you going, Chaeyoung?", he asked me back.

I sighed before telling him the obvious, "Inside."

He nodded before replying, "I know inside but where is inside that you're going to?"

I frowned at him for being nosy about me. "My room.", I answered in short.

"And lock yourself in there again?", he asked as he is holding my wrist.

"What else do you want, Jimin? Your father has left. Let me go do whatever I want now.", I answered him while trying to pull my hand away from him.

Then, I felt him slowly release my wrist so I take the opportunity to leave quickly.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Jimin's POV

I looked up to the ceiling as I felt bored with the show that the TV is showing at the moment. Since Chaeyoung left me at the porch this evening, I did not go anywhere else and let myself slumped into the sofa with thoughts of giving Chaeyoung some time before we can really talk over with whatever problem we have.

"Want some, hyung?", I flinched at the sudden voice I heard.

I looked at Jungkook jumped into the sofa next to me with a bowl of popcorn in his hand. I shook my head when he asked again if I want to eat too. I had a good lunch with Chaeyoung and my father in the afternoon. It is safe to say I am still full from the lunch food and mango I had before my father left.

"What's with the gloomy face? I thought you and Chaeyoung have talked it out.", he said while searching for an interesting show to watch.

"Talked it out? I don't even know what I did wrong.", I admitted without feeling ashamed with him. Sometimes he could be a good listener and a reliable advisor, so maybe I should just let out to him for now.

"What? You don't know?", I shook my head. "She doesn't tell you what's the problem?", I continued shaking my head to him. "This is tough. Hmm...do you think you've done something wrong to her?", my head stopped when he asked me that question.

I had a thought about it. I guessed she was angry with me because I asked her to pretend to be a happy couple with me in front of others. But then, I shook my head to that thought.

"Tell me, hyung. Do you think you've made..."

"I asked her to act like we're happy together...but I don't think she's angry because of that. I've told her I'll try to love her and we were okay after that. I don't know why she suddenly being cold with me when she got home the other night.", I told him as I pulled my hair in frustration.

Jungkook stayed silent and made his usual serious face when he is thinking. I stole his popcorn bowl and grabbed some in the palm of my hand before shoving them in my mouth. Moments later, Jungkook snapped his finger like he got an idea or something.

"Hyung, did you do anything behind her back? Like...did you have an affair with another girl..oww!! Jimin hyung!!", I could not help from hitting him on the arm because of his mouth.

"What affair? I'm always at home and busy working, okay?", I glared at him as he nodded to me.

He took back his bowl and pouted, "I was just giving an example, hyung."

"Oh...haha, I thought you're accusing me of something ridiculous.", I rubbed the back of my head trying to cover myself from embarrassment.

Jungkook shook his head at me before asking me again if I did something behind Chaeyoung's back. I thought about the question and one thing came to my mind. The deal with my father-in-law.

🥀🥀🥀

After talking with Jungkook about the deal, I went upstairs hoping that Chaeyoung has unlocked the door of her room and is still awake. If what Jungkook said is true, Chaeyoung might be angry with me because of the deal. She might have known about it from her father.

I wanted to call him but seeing the time at the moment, I dismissed the idea of it. When I turned the doorknob and opened the door, I could see Chaeyoung lying down on the bed with her back facing me. I sighed with the usual view I got from her everytime I enter the room.

I went straight to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before I get on the bed to sleep. When I finished my business in there, I walked out and saw Chaeyoung has turned her position facing the empty space where I will lie on. She's asleep. I carefully lied down on the bed and looked at her face.

"No matter what happens, tomorrow we will talk about this.", I said as I tucked her hair to the back of her ear.

🥀🥀🥀

Sorry for the late update. See you guys in next chapter and take care of yourself always!! 😊