Awakening

The Following Day...

Your POV

A soft soothing voice whispers loving words into your ear as his thumb caress your lips. His breath fanning against your skin sends shivers down your spine, which causes him to make one of those handsome grins that you love so much.

"I love you" He whispers again, pulling you into a passion filled kiss. You break away and gaze into his eyes,

"I love you too." You smile and press your lips against his.

The mattress you're laying on begins to stir which pulls you out of the beautiful dream you were in. You open your eyes and look around, I'm back on the Going Marry. You notice a pair of large arms wrapped tightly around your torso. A hand is placed behind your head, it's fingers lace themselves through your hair. Just as that happened and gentle kiss is placed upon your forehead,

"I'm glad your awake." A familiar voice drew your attention to his lips. Zoro. A great big smile comes across your face as you're over filled with joy. You press your face against his chest to hide the tears that were budding from your eyes.

"I was having the happiest dream." You mumble. Zoro grabs hold of your cheeks and directs your attention towards his eyes,

"I know." He grins and presses his lips against yours, just like in the dream. You wrap your arms around his neck and pull him closer. He shift his body on top of yours, making sure not to crush you underneath his weight. He presses his lips against your ears and whispers, "I was afraid I was going to lose you."

Your eyes widen and remember what had happened. What was going to happen if your dark Angel never came to save you. Zoro embraces you into one his loving bear hugs.

"Please don't cry." He says and wipes a tear from your cheek. Why am I crying? You close your eyes and take a deep breath, the urge to cry slowly dissipates and you open your eyes again. You smile and in a reassuring tone,

"I'm better." Zoro's thumb runs across your cheek and down the side of your throat along side your collarbone.

"Good." He leans down and kisses you once more before sitting up. "Hey guys (y/n) is awake."

"(Y/N)!!!! Luffy screams as he comes running into the infirmary followed by Sanji, and the others.

"We were worried about you when you never came back to the ship." Nami says gripping her shirt.

"I wasn't! The great Captain Usopp knew you would return to us alive!" Usopp said with his long nose in the air, chest puffed out to look brave.

"Don't let him fool you." Sanji poked Usopp in the gut, causing him to jump and fall over. "He was freaking out the most. 'Oh no what if she got eaten by a big scary monster!' " Sanji did his best impersonation of Usopp.

"Let me check your stitches." Chopper hopped up on the bed and unraveled your bandages. "They're doing fine. You'll make a speedy recovery! But until then I want you in this room under 24 hour watch!"

"Don't you think that's a tad much?" Robin says in the corner. "The girl's been through enough, I think we should just let her sleep." With that Robin walks out of the room.

"I suppose you're right." Chopper hopped down and exited the room, stopping to drag Usopp's body out as well.

"You're lucky Zoro got to you before it was too late." Sanji clamped his hands into a fist and started to grind his teeth. "Bastards! If only it was me who saved the damsel in distress." Sanji lit a cigarette. Zoro, where is he anyway? You look around the room to see he wasn't there.

"Here." Nami hands you a change of clothes. "I brought these for you, figured they're better than that large shirt you're wearing.

"Thank you." You say and take the clothes from Nami.

"We should go to let (y/n) get changed. You need to start lunch!" Nami says and pulls Sanji out of the room.

"Fooooood!!" Luffy runs out of the room after them.

"I could ways stay and help her undress! Oww!" Sanji could be heard from outside, most likely getting hit by Nami. You giggle and take the shirt off.

"It's Zoro's" You notice. "Must have given it to me before we got to the ship." You set it down and change into the clothes that Nami gave you. "I should give this back." You exit the infirmary to find Zoro.

Zoro's POV

Zoro sits cross legged in his usual napping spot. His arms behind his head and his eyes closed relaxed by the suns rays. I should bring candles and chocolates. Not his usual train of thought Zoro continues. Nah, maybe she doesn't like chocolates. No wait, who am I kidding? All girls love chocolates. Right?

"Are you awake?" A sweet voice causes him to open his eyes. Standing right in front of him was the girl he was thinking of.

"(Y/n)." He smiles and pats the spot next to him, gesturing her to sit down. (Y/n) takes her seat next to him and rests her head on his shoulder. Zoro grins even bigger and moves his arm around her wait, bringing her closer.

"I came to return this to you." She sets his shirt in his lap.

"Nah. You keep it. I've got like 10 others where that came from." He chuckles lightly and kisses her forehead. "Is that all you came here to do?" Zoro gazed down at her. She looks up and meets his gaze.

"Mmm, no." (Y/n) leans closer and presses her lips against his. Zoro runs his fingers through her (h/c) hair and mumbles against her lips,

"So soft." He breaks away from the kiss and lays his head back.

"There was something I wanted to ask you..." She says staring down at her hands. Zoro glances over,

"Hmmm?"

"When are we going to fuck?" Completely taken back by the bluntness of (y/n)'s question Zoro chokes, and coughs, and stifles his curse words. His face turns red and sits upright, trying to choose his words carefully.

"I'm not going to fuck you." Zoro says plainly, and crosses his arms. Still trying to calm himself from the question.

"What?" A look of sadness and anger floods (y/n)'s face. She grips her hands and scowls, "But I thought you wanted me. I thoug-"

"You didn't let me finish." Zoro interrupts. "I'm not going to fuck you, but that doesn't mean I won't make love to you."

"Huh?" She cocks her head to the side out of confusion.

"At 1st that's all I wanted. A good fuck, because I desired you. But now..." His voice softer and more sensual this time, "Now it's more than that." He grabs her hand and brings it up to his lips, and gently kisses it. "I realized for the 1st time last night that I really truly care about you." Zoro pauses and looks (y/n) in the eyes, "The thought of losing you made me realize how much I love you. That's why I won't simply fuck you, because you deserve better than that. So you'll receive better than that, when the time's right."

"Y-you love me?" She asks, Zoro nods. (Y/n) goes silent for a while. Zoro didn't know if she was shocked or because she thought he was silly confessing like that. He didn't care either way. Zoro was just happy to tell her.

Your POV

He loves me? You clench the shirt Zoro gave you and stare down at it. Is this still a dream? After a while of just sitting in silence you finally speak up,

"I love you too Zoro." Your heart overfills with joy, finally being able to say it, and mean it. He wraps his arm around you again and kisses your head. Smiling against the kiss,

"Good. I'm glad." Zoro intertwines his fingers with yours and stands up, pulling you to your feet. "I don't know about you, but I'm hungry." Feeling your stomach rumble you giggle.

"I'm hungry too! Let's go eat." Walking hand in hand the two of you go off to lunch, not giving a damn who sees.

Sorry it took so long to upload this Chapter. Was very busy the past few days! Anywho, there will be one more Chapter after this and the book shall be completed! Whaaaa! I've had so much fun writing this! Wait and see what happens next!