Chapter 11

Lydia looked up at him as he stood in front of her, her face was slightly colored from her blushing too much. She held the towel over her breasts, hiding even the slightest sight of her cleavage... A true lady does not show off, and she especially does not show her private parts to anyone else other than the person she was married to. Only whores in her kingdom showed of their features... So wearing nothing was incredibly embarrassing and upsetting. But with Lithon's gentle eyes looking down on her, she couldn't help but feel a bit less embarrassed. It was like his eyes weren't judging, calling her a whore or anything like it. She almost felt like his eyes wanted to wrap her in a warm soft blanket and keep her in his arms.

If it only was like that... Lydia lowered her head, turning her eyes away from him. He was probably thinking that this was outrageous and how shameful she had to be sitting in front of a man wearing nothing but a towel. It made her feel a bit sad that he could have thoughts about her like that, it made her heartache... Frowning slightly she didn't dare to look at him, only looking away sadly. His hand had been reached out, to touch her? She didn't know because he stopped before he did anything. Was she too ugly to touch? No that couldn't be, right?

Lydia held the towel closer to her naked and wet body, she felt cold and very uncomfortable at this very moment. Was her body ugly? Did he think that she was an eye-sore? Her soft reddish lips parted and with a low but soft voice, she spoke "I'm very sorry to put you in this kind of situation... I apologize deeply..." She mumbled in the end as she frowned deeper. She hadn't even noticed that he was actually smiling at her, she felt so bad about putting him through something like this that it made her 'blind' to what was right in front of her.

She hadn't taken the clothes yet as if she did it would still just get wet, she needed to stand up on her feet before she dared to take the clothes. But that was harder than it sounded because she had to be standing on her feet that were wounded. But it couldn't be helped, could it? Crumbling together she tried her best to stand while holding the towel close to her naked body. She manages to stand up without letting go of the towel but she was in pain, her poor delicate feet were hurting her.

Lithon winced as Lydia stood up. He could see that she was in pain and that made him increasingly worries about her. Although she was in pain he was pleased slightly about the fact that she could stand. That meant that her feet were beginning to heal. However, if he didn't get her to sit or lie down soon then the healing process would become slower. Lithon knew that his saliva had healing powers but he wasn't about to ask her if he could lick her wounds... That would just make him seem like some kind of weirdo. Besides he had only healed his own wounds that way, he had no idea if it would actually work on a human.

"There is no need for you to apologize. It couldn't be avoided..." He was trying desperately not to touch her. He wasn't sure if he could hold himself back if he did.

With a faint smile, Lydia looked up at him. "Thank you-" she mumbled as she went to take the cloth that he was handing her, but as she moved her feet slipped. She fell once again, but not on the ground this time.

Lithon was about to reach out to grab her but she landed against his chest. Her body was placed against his tightly. Her body which was only separated by a single towel was pressed against his, luckily he had clothes on- but still just to think that no more than a few centimeters were separating their bodies made a strong crimson blush fill her face. Her head was on his shoulder as her arms were slightly around him as they had tried to take the fall when she thought she was going to land on the ground again.

She was so close to him, she didn't dare to move! Her hands were no longer holding on to the towel as they had tried to save her instead of holding a towel up... Why couldn't they have done both? But now, if she moved she was scared that the towel would fall down, revealing the rest of her body... Her heart was racing inside of her chest, she wanted to tell herself that it was because she was in a dangerous situation but- another part of her couldn't deny that Lithon was very warm, his arms were very strong and she could hear his soft breath as she was pressed against him... Was her heart racing because of him? If she leaned back a few inches away she would be facing his warm lips... Unconsciously she gasped, just the thought of meeting his lips again made her feel hot and dizzy...

Lithon could hear someone's heart beating really fast and he could feel it against his chest too, but he wasn't sure if it was hers or his own. He hoped that she wouldn't hear his heart beating so fast but that was almost inevitable.

He was wondering why Lydia didn't let go of him immediately, he then noticed was that her hands were around him and not holding up her towel. Blushing deeply he wrapped his arms gently around her so that her towel wouldn't fall and also so he could lightly lift her up slightly so that her feet were no longer touching the floor. As he held her he realized something. He wanted her. Really wanted her. He wanted to kiss every inch of her. But he wouldn't allow himself to do so. She was not his. She was in love with someone else. She wanted to go home...

Quickly he grabbed the clothes and carried Lydia to her bedroom. When they got there he ripped the sheet off the bed and wrapped it around her. He didn't care if it got wet. He then sat her on the bed. As he stood over her he couldn't hide the wanting in his eyes. But she was probably terrified. Here she was at her most vulnerable. He wouldn't take advantage of that. But he didn't know how long he could hold himself back from kissing her.