Ch.8

*Hondo's POV*

When we finally get home it's a little after 9. Adah immediately opens her arms for Rose to take her, so Rose gently picks her up. She sits down on the couch and covers up to nurse Adah. I sit down with her after sitting her bag down, carefully rubbing her thigh.

"Did you two have fun?" My mother asks.
"We did. Thank you, Ms.Harrelson" Rose replies.
"How many times do I need to tell you? Call me Charity. Or mama" mama smiles.
"Okay. Sorry" she apologizes with a slight giggle.

I think back to seeing Lukas at the restaurant and rub my eyes a little bit, stressed. My daze is broken when I feel Rosamie get up off of the couch. She walks up the stairs with Adah, coming back down only a few minutes later.

"She out?" I ask as I smile.
"Like a light" Rose smiles back, sitting down next to me again, laying her head on my chest. My arms instinctively wrap around her waist, my lips pressing against the top of her head.

"Well, goodnight. I'll see you two in the morning" mama says, smiling at us.
"Goodnight, mama" we both say while giving her a hug. I get up and lead Rose to the kitchen, fixing both of us some ice cream.

"You know. You're cute when you're jealous" I smirk at her, teasing her about how easily Jessica gets her angry. "You're sexy when you're mad, too" I watch as her cheeks heat up, looking away from me.

"I may have to beg to differ"

*Rose's POV*

I shake my head at the man in front of me. "You're giving me grey hairs" I joke.
"Yeah. That's definitely me" he chuckles. Since Hondo's shirt is off I carefully drip some of the ice cream on his chest.

"Wonder if butter pecan ice cream tastes better on you" I wink at him, starting to lick the sweet treat off his chest which makes him chuckle.

His eager eyes watch my every move. I trail my lips down his chest and abs, unbuttoning his pants as I look up at him. His eyes are dark with lust, yet filled with love. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder, taking me upstairs. The rest of our night is filled with passionate love-making.

I wake up the next morning in my handsome man's arms. "Good morning, my love"

"Good morning beautiful" Hondo replies with a sweet kiss to my shoulder. A small smile escapes my lips as I roll around to face him. I gaze into his chocolate colored eyes, full on grinning now.

"You seem awfully happy this morning" Hondo teases with a smirk playing on his lips.
"Yeah. My favorite SWAT officer kept me up ninety percent of the night with some passionate loving"

*Hondo's POV*

I watch as Rose gets up from our bed to get dressed.
"I still can't believe that I had to take leave from work" she says with a small sigh.
"I know, love. But after this Lukas shit is all sorted out and over with and everything goes back to normal, you'll be able to go back"
"I know. I just hate letting Adeline out of my sight too much" I walk over to her after pulling on some boxers, gently massaging her shoulder and occasionally pressing a kiss between her shoulder blades.

I feel the tension slowly fading from her body. "Look, I'm off work today. How about we take a nice shower and then we can have a family day with Adeline?" I suggest, earning a nod from her. We walk to the en-suite and I start the shower up.

I let her step into the shower first, and then I step in behind her, grabbing her loofah and pouring the body wash onto it. I gently begin to wash her shoulders and down her back. She lets me wash her before rinsing herself off and returning the favor. I watch as the water runs down my body, pooling at my feet.

When I turn back around from rinsing off I see that she's holding the shampoo bottle, ready to pour it into her palm. I take the bottle from her and pour it into my own hands, massaging it into her scalp then rinsing it out. After doing the same with her conditioner, we get out. I wrap my towel around my waist, handing her the other one.

*Rose's POV*

I smile at Hondo, thanking him as I wrap the towel around my body. After blow drying and brushing my hair I brush my teeth. My phone's ringtone starts to play, so I quickly rinse my mouth out and rush to the bedroom. I pick up the phone.
"Hello?"
"Hi. May I speak to Ms.Rosamie Luca?" The woman on the other side of the line asks.
"This is her" I reply into the phone.
"We got your test results back from yesterday. You're 6 weeks pregnant, Ms.Luca. Congratulations. We'd like to do a checkup. To make sure that baby is fine and that there's no serious complications with your pregnancy.

I look up at Daniel, slowly sitting down on the bed. "I'm pregnant!" I whisper-yell to him quietly.