Ch 2

*Hondo's POV*
When I look away from the TV, where football was on, I see Rosamie talking to Chris as she holds a glass of wine.
"Yes, Hondo, she is my daughter" Luca says from beside me, seeing my confused facial expression. "I was married for 3 years before we had her. We split up 17 years ago, she's legally mine but not biologically because my ex wife, Ryleigh, got artificially inseminated because we found out that I would probably never be able to have babies"

I nod slightly as I take in his words. "So, that makes it wrong of me to want to ask her out on a date?"
"No, it doesn't. I'd rather you two not date but I don't have any control over that, either"
"So, to get to know her better, I have your blessing to ask her out on a proper date?"
"Yes, but do not hurt my daughter" Luca says in a warning tone.
"I won't" I grin, looking back up at the brown-eyed beauty who's now laughing with Chris as Jim attempts to do the 'Woah', making me smile to myself.

*Rose's POV*

I laugh along with Chris as Jim horribly fails at his various attempts to dance. We soon walk back to the kitchen and I start to think about my fireball of a daughter, Adeline.

As I wash the lettuce for the salad I hear the doorbell ring. Deacon and I look at each other, then we both bolt for the door. I get to the door first and swing it open, squealing as I see my best friend, Yvette, with my daughter and her daughter, Adelaide, as well.

"Hello, my love" I coo to Adah, taking her into my arms. "Thank you for keeping her last night, eve"

Adah grins as she gives me open-mouthed kisses. After hugging eve I crouch down to Adelaide's height.
"Well hello, Miss Adelaide" I smile, kissing her forehead which results in a grin from the cute girl. She walks closer to me, practically waddling. I pick her up with my free hand and kick the door closed.

I roll my eyes playfully as I see Yvette and Deacon talking and blushing like teenagers.

"Mommy has a crush" I whisper to Adelaide, giggling. She giggles as well and gets down to walk to Deacon, her "piggy tails" bouncing.

After Yvette makes sure he is okay with Adelaide, she follows me to the kitchen.

"I was going to bring them after nap time, but Miss Adeline wouldn't go down because she ran out of boobie milk" I hear Daniel chuckle, which makes me blush brightly.
"Gosh, Eve. Put a filter on it" I groan, sitting down with Adah in my lap. After placing a blanket over her and my chest I let her latch on to nurse.
"I don't see how you can do that. For one, Adelaide wouldn't latch on to me properly. For two, that crap hurts"
"I just got used to it. But there's more benefits than formula feeding, too. If your child is staring to get sick, then your body will automatically know what antibodies and stuff to put into your milk" I shrug. "I don't plan on stopping too soon, though. Not until she is at least a year old or a little older"
"You want to do this for another at least four months?!"

Adah pops her head up from beneath the blanket, looking up at me with those big brown eyes that mirror mine. "What is it, my love?" I coo as I wipe the milk from her mouth.

I stand up and grab my unfinished glass of wine, having only taken a few sips of it. "Here, Yvette, you need more liquid courage" I grin at her, winking as I know her and Deacon have something rather serious going on.

Yvette nods in agreement and takes the glass, walking off to the living room.

After fixing Adah's piggy tails I kiss her nose. "Want to go see Nonno?" Her grin tells me everything, so I go in search of her favorite man.

Soon, I find him in the family room with everyone else. I feel a pang of jealousy mixed with sadness as I see Daniel's arm wrapped around Jessica's shoulders, but I push it away.

Dad smiles at Adah as she babbles to him, getting up and taking her from my arms. She gives him open-mouthed kisses and I take a picture of them, sending it to his phone and setting it as his contact photo.

"I know this is a sore topic and I don't want to rub salt in old wounds, but has her dad reached out again?"  Dad asks, trying to choose his words as carefully as he can.
"No, Dad. He hasn't. And he's not going to. The dirtbag missed her birth for some flooding that smells like cheap perfume and sex" I snap, not wanting to discuss the topic, especially in front of so many people.
"And to take the cake the prick didn't even sign her birth certificate. So no, Dominique, he hasn't" I say, carefully taking Adah from his arms and I walk out onto the back porch, letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in.

The truth is, Lukas had reached out to me, but I couldn't and I wouldn't let him have what he really wants. Which is me.