Ch. 10

(Happy late Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you're all well☺️)

*Hondo's POV*

The men start shooting at us again so we start to shoot as well as we are trained to. Soon, we have all of them taken down and handcuffed. I see Rose passed out and rush to her, making sure she hasn't been shot.

" I need an ambulance" I yell out.

Eve comes over quickly. "Has she been shot?"

"No I think she just passed out. But they will be able to wake her up easily" I reply as an EMT rushes over, wheeling her to the ambulance after getting her loaded onto the stretcher. I follow them with Adeline on my hip. They get her woken up and check her over. I watch them, holding Adeline into my chest. She rubs her eyes, carefully sitting up on the gurney.

"Mrs.Harrelson, you passed out due to syncope. Your blood pressure got all out of sorts and your body reacted negatively" he explains to Rose. Both of our cheeks heat up as he calls her 'Mrs.Harrelson' but neither one of us bother to correct him.  I liked the sound of that. I'd have to make that change one day. Hopefully soon. Jessica calls my name. I hesitate but know that it may have something to do with the men we just took down a few minutes ago so I sit Adeline in Rosamie's lap and peck her lips before I walk over to Jessica quietly. She explains that the suspects are in a  gangland were hired by someone to attack and possibly kill them. My thoughts immediately go to Lukas, knowing that he's a brutal man anyways.

"But what caught our attention is, the hit came from outside of California. It was orchestrated from New York. From Armank" Jessica elaborates. "Hondo, are you sure you should get involved with her? I mean, you almost lost your life today because of her" she says and places her hand on my bicep. I stiffen immediately.

"I am going to protect them with my life. I love them more than anything. You don't get to play this game with me. Now, if you're done, I'd like to get back to my future wife and our daughter" I say sternly as I push her hand off of my arm, now pissed.

"She's not your daughter" Jessica says and furrows her eyebrows, looking to be jealous.

"She's been my daughter every since I started dating Rosamie. Family may not mean anything to you, but it's everything to me. So stay out of my business and stay the hell out of my relationship" I say angrily, storming off towards Rose and Adah again.

*Rose's POV*

I watch as Hondo walk off to Jessica, looking up at my dad as he walks over to us as well. "Yes, dad, I'm okay" I say before he can ask. He chuckles lightly.

"You know me all to well" he smiles. I laugh as I start to shake my head. He starts to tell me that the shooting wasn't random. Someone from New York had orchestrated the attempted hit on them. I shake my head a little, wracking my brain to see if I know of anyone that lives in that area but no one comes to my mind. When I see Jessica touch Hondo's arm I clench my jaw but remind myself that that he can hold his own when it comes to women's flirting ways. It happens all the time when we're out.

Hondo looks pissed off as he walks back over to us. Dad hugs Adeline and I before walking off to Chris and Jim. I carefully get up and walk over to him and kiss his chest gently. He takes Adeline from my arms gently so I gently rub his shoulders.

"Baby. Just ignore her" I say softly, watching Hondo nod his head.

"I know, it's just that she knows how to get under my skin" he says as Adeline starts to pull at his beard again.

"I know, honey. It's okay though" I reply, gently pulling his head down to kiss him. He kisses me gently while his free hand grasps my hip.

"Let's go check up on Eve, Adelaide and Deacon then we all go home" Hondo says. I nod my head as we walk over to them.

"I'm sorry that all of this happened" I apologize.

"Oh stop, girl. This is not your fault" Eve says, hugging the both of us. I hug Deacon as well and he shakes Hondo's hand. After we bid them goodbye, we go to the car, carefully buckling in.

"I was thinking. I know we don't have room for the baby whenever he or she comes. Should we move somewhere bigger? Officially move in together?" I bring up a conversation that we've had a few times since getting together but we've never actually made the jump for anything. Hondo nods his head.

"I was thinking the same thing. I think we need to move to something with 4 or 5 bedrooms at least" he adds.

When we get home we go in and sit at the counter, booting up my MacBook as Adeline cuddles into Hondo who's sitting beside me. I pull up Zillow and search in houses around our zip code.

"Gosh damn all of the ones with at least 4 bedrooms are at least 4 million bucks" I complain.

"Perks of living in Cali, my love" he says sarcastically and chuckles. I giggle a little bit and shake my head, mumbling an 'mhm'

He points to one. "That's about 15 minutes away from us"

"I like that one it's beautiful" Hondo says as I click through the pictures.

"Me too. I'll call the realtor if you want me to" I suggest. After the nods, I get up from the counter and dial the number. The real estate agent tells me we can tour the house Saturday if it works for us. We settle on Saturday during Hondo's lunch break.

"So Saturday at 1 is when we're touring it?" He asks me. I nod my head with a smile.

"Yep. Saturday at 1. If we like it, he will give us the paperwork to fill out and everything" I inform him. He nods his head.

"Good. Lets get this little monkey in bed and then we can celebrate" he whispers the last part as he winks at me causing my cheeks to heat up.