Ch 7

*Rosamie's POV*

I look over at Hondo as he parks in the parking lot of the restaurant. He's been dazed since he got in today. He gets out and walks around the car, opening my door.

"Thank you" I say softly as I get out, holding his hand while we walk into the restaurant.

"I have a reservation for Daniel Harrelson" he says quietly. The host smiles politely and grabs menus before leading us to our table. I sit down in the booth, sliding all the way in so Hondo can sit on the same side as me if he wants to.

He sits down beside me, a far-away look still in his eyes. "Daniel, honey, what's wrong? Talk to me" I say softly, rubbing his shoulder, hoping his mom didn't bring up the baby situation to him after lunch since lunch had gone really well.

"The kid I met a few weeks ago. Daryl. His girlfriend is pregnant and he got himself locked up" he sighs, rubbing his face. "I mean, does he not know that a baby will royally screw up his life?" He blurts out before he can stop himself.

My face falls as I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm sorry, babe. I didn't mean it like that. It's just...at his age-"

I cut him off. "I know exactly what you meant, Daniel" I say in a sharp tone. He sighs quietly. I look up as the waiter walks over. I ask for water, then quietly order what I want to eat, Hondo doing the same.

A few minutes of silence pass by before Daniel turns to me. "Baby. You know I didn't mean it like it came out. I'm just worried for him. Babies are hard when you're not in high school, much less when you are"

"I know, honey. I'm sorry" I say while I stroke his cheek. "You're an amazing person and an even better boyfriend and father figure for Adeline. We're so lucky and blessed to have you"

"I'm even luckier to have the two of you" we share a soft, sweet kiss. "You're so beautiful" he whispers against my lips. "I love you, Rosamie" my heart skips a beat as we've never said those words to each other before.

"I love you too" I smile. He presses his lips against my again briefly. I decide it's better to discuss that I may be pregnant now rather than later. I clear my throat. "Um. I need to talk to you about something serious..and important"

"Okay, love. Shoot"

"I went to the doctor today, but not only for a routine checkup, but because I wanted to make sure that um...that I'm not pregnant" I say softly.

"You think you're pregnant?"

"Well, I mean, we don't use condoms. I'm not on the pill. And we've been intimate many times, love. I got a blood test today so we should know within a couple days"

"Do you want to be pregnant?"

"I don't know...I kind of do, but at the same time I don't know, because it's hard enough to work with one baby. Much less another"

Hondo kisses my head. "We will cross that bridge when we get there" I nod with a small smile as I lay my head on his shoulder. The food arrives soon, the waiter sitting our plates on the table in front of us.

He rests his hand on my thigh as we start to eat. When we finish up, we get the bill. I try to pay but he doesn't let me, earning a groan from me.

"Baby. I need to get some clothes from my apartment for Adeline and myself"

"We can go there right after we leave here" he promises as he gets up and helps me up, resting his hand on my lower back. As we walk to the door a familiar smirk catches my eye. I look over, locking eyes with the man who has haunted me for over a year now.

He's with some blonde-headed chick. Hondo looks over to where I'm looking and tenses up. "Is that him?" He asks while looking down at me. I nod my head quietly.

"Yes" I say softly, starting to walk with him again. "But it's okay, baby. Let's just go" Hondo starts to object, but doesn't and nods, leading me out to the car.

After we are in and buckled, he starts the car, making his way to my apartment. After he parks, we get out, going up to the apartment. I unlock the door and walk in, going upstairs to get my extra large Vera Bradley overnight bag. I pack a good bit of Adah and my things.

Hondo helps as well as he can, but mainly focuses on packing my lingerie, picking out his favorite ones.

"You're such a man" I playfully roll my eyes.

"But, baby, I'm your man" he says while backing me up against the bed. He gets on top of me with no weight, kissing me as he slides his hand up my thigh.

"We have a little longer before little mama's bed time" he says, slipping my dress off and he trails kisses down my neck, beginning to show me just how much he loves me.