Ch 6

*Rose's POV*

*2 months later*

I stir a little in Hondo's arms as I hear the door opening downstairs. I jump awake as I hear footsteps and I slip on Hondo's shirt, walking out of the bedroom and down the hall to get Adah. Daniel wraps his arms around me from behind, causing me to practically jump out of my skin.

"Baby. What's wrong? Why are you so jumpy?"
"Someone came in and I heard them walking up the stairs"
"Baby. It's just my mom. Remember? She's supposed to come over tonight" He says softly, kissing from my shoulder up to my neck.

I lean into his touch and sigh lightly. "I guess I'm still just shaken up by the phone call that I had with Lukas"

*Flashback*
I pick up my phone as it rings. Lukas. "H-hello?" I answer it.
"Rosamie, honey. How are you and Adeline?" He asks. When I don't answer him, he chuckles icily.
"I know you don't think that you are moving on with, what's his name? Daniel Harrelson?"
"You keep him out of this, Lukas" I say sternly.
"I can't have him dating you, Rosamie. You know this. And the audacity you had. To sleep with him?! That just won't do" he rambles.
"Why are you doing this?" I whisper into the phone, frantically looking around, Yvette now alert.
"You have made my life a living hell. Now I'm only returning the favor" Then the line goes dead.
*End of Flashback*

"I know, baby. I know. But if he tries anything, your dad and I will be there" he comforts me, kissing my forehead lightly.
"I know. I'm just scared. What if we are alone because you are at work and you don't get here in time?"
"Oh, baby" he pulls me into his arms. "it's going to take a lot more than work to keep me from protecting you two"

I nuzzle into him closer, kissing his chest. Adah looks up at him and grins, being cute. I smile at her and kiss her nose. "Mommy's beautiful little princess" I say softly.
"Move in with me" Hondo whispers.
"What?" I ask softly.
"Move in with me. You're here most nights anyways"
"Are you sure we are not rushing?"
"Positive" he smiles, kissing my cheek.
"Okay" I say softly as I peck his lips. "Only if you're sure"
He kisses my shoulder again, then pecks my lips gently. "I've got to go get ready for work"
"okay, love. I have to go to the doctors today. Do you want us to bring you some lunch?" I ask and grin at him.
"If you want to, you can" he says, kissing my cheek after he gives Adeline's head a gentle peck.
"Alright. I'll either bring Chick-fil-a or In-N-Out" I reply since I know we both like both of the restaurants.

He gives me one last kiss before walking out of the room and going down the hall to his room to get ready. I go downstairs after laying Adeline back down in the crib gently since she fell back to sleep in my arms. I make breakfast, plating the food just as Hondo comes back down to the kitchen.

"You look better in that outfit every dang time I see you in it" I say, looking him up and down as I bite my lip, earning a deep chuckle from him. His eyes rake up and down my body as well.
"And you look better in my clothes every time I see you in them" he replies back.
"Looks like we have a lot in common, then" I wink at him.
"Looks like you want me to be late again today, too" He says, his perfectly shaped eyebrows raising a little.
"Maybe I do" I whisper against his neck. He picks me up, sitting me down on the island.
"Hmm. I don't know about that" he says, nipping at my neck gently. Thank God Adeline went back to sleep and is upstairs and not in her highchair. He continues to kiss my neck, earning small noises from me.
"Baby. Your mom" I say softly. About the time I bring her up, she walks down the stairs. I blush as she clears her throat. Hondo pulls away and sheepishly grins at her.

"Sorry, mama" he says. I get off the counter and slide the fixed plates over to them, putting Adeline's in the microwave. We start to eat, making small talk about random things. After we finish up, I start to wash the dishes then I wipe down the counters and the stove. Hondo hugs his mom and kisses her cheek before coming over to me and kissing me. I kiss back, smiling against his lips.

"Let me take you out tonight, love"
"I don't know, babe. I'll have to see if Eve, mom, or dad can take Adah for a few hours while we go"
"I'll keep her, honey" Ms. Harrelson offers.
"Are you sure? She can be a handful when she gets sleepy. A lot of times she won't take her bottle when she's sleepy. She just wants to nurse and I don't want you to-"
"She will be fine, darling. If it gets to be too much I will call one of you"
"Okay, but only if you're sure"
"I'm sure, Rose. She's an absolute doll and you deserve it"
I nod and smile softly, thankful. "okay, okay. It's a date" I smile at Hondo and he pecks my lips before walking out to his car.

"Is your appointment just a check-up or is it something more going on?" Charice raises a brow.

I blush lightly at the question. "I'm not sure. I don't know if I want it to be more or if I just want it to be a check-up" I admit. "I mean, I know that Daniel is ready for kids and I know you are dying for a grand baby but I'm still scared for Adah with Lukas. Adding another little one will just add fuel to the fire and I don't want her treated differently"
"I know, honey. But God is protecting you. Both of you. Hey. Think of it like this. That beautiful, sassy, 10 month old sleeping upstairs, she is my grand baby. I love her. My son loves her and thinks the world of that baby. He would never treat her differently than he does any other child that you two may have. I promise you that" she kisses my cheek.

With that, we both go upstairs, getting ready for the day.