Ch 1

*Rosamie's POV*
I wake up to the sound of my dreadful alarm clock at 5:30 am. I get up, groaning quietly as I make my way to the bathroom. I start the shower and get in, letting the hot water cascade down my body. After washing my hair and body, I get out. I brush my teeth then use my Listerine mouth wash. After turning off the light I go to my room and get dressed in a pencil skirt and dress shirt and pair it with black heels and a blazer. I walk downstairs to eat a quick breakfast.

I grab the files for the case that I'm working on, walking out to the car after I lock up the house

I grab the files for the case that I'm working on, walking out to the car after I lock up the house. After I get buckled up I drive to work, getting out and grabbing the files and my coffee. My mom, who is a defense attorney, rushed over to me.

"Honey, I need you to ask your fa-"

I cut her off before she can finish her sentence. "Mom. It's been seventeen years. You're both adults, y'all are my parents, not the other way around. Ask him yourself. I'm busy"

She sighs, knowing I'm right, and walks off. I go into the large building and go up to my office to start sorting through my files. After sorting them in alphabetical order, someone comes in and hands me more files.

"Hi, Ms.Luca. These are for your father and his team" he says and hands the stack to me before leaving.

I nod and thank him, leaving my office and head to the elevator. I go back down to the parking lot then head to my dad's work. When I get there I park in a free spot. I walk in through the glass doors and make my way to my dad's desk.

"Rose. What're you doing here?" My dad asks from behind me.
I turn around quickly, startled. "Goodness gracious, dad. What the hell is wrong with you, sneaking up on me like that?" I ask as I clutch my chest.
He only chuckles at me while he shakes his head. "I'm sorry, darling. What do you need?"
"I came to give you some files from work, I'm presuming it's cases that you will have soon. I sat them on your desk" I say as I smile, remembering something. "Happy birthday, by the way"
"Ah, yes. Thank you" he says and gives me a small hug.
"You're welcome" I say, starting to walk off.
"Wait. I'll introduce you to the team"

I hesitate but walk back to him. I look up as a woman walks in.
"Hi. I'm Christina Alonso. But everyone calls me Chris" she smiles softly and shakes my hand. I smile back at her politely.
"Rosamie Luca, but everyone calls me Rose" I reply with a shy smile.
"It's wonderful to meet you" she says and nods at me.
"You too" I smile again. When I look up my eyes fall upon a handsome, tall, buff man. I practically choke on my own saliva.

*Daniel's POV*
As I walk into the building I hear an unfamiliar, yet angelic voice. I walk through the doors and my eyes land on a short girl with big brown eyes and long, curly, black hair. I grin to myself and sit my coffee down on my desk before walking up to her.

"Hey, beautiful. I'm Daniel Harrelson" I say with a panty-dropping smile. I watch as a blush covers her cheeks.
"I-I'm Rosamie Luca" she stutters slightly which makes me chuckle softly.
"Wow. Nice to know there's at least one beautiful Luca around" I flirt, listening to the sound of her beautiful laugh.
"Thank you" she says softly. She looks down at her phone and excuses herself. 'Gosh. I've got to have this woman' I think to myself as my eyes travel her body while she walks off.
*Rose's POV*
After meeting the rest of the team I rush back to my office. I grab the stack of files that I need then feed to the court house, waking into the court room that I'm in today.

*8 hours later*
I sigh softly as as I park in my dad's driveway. After I grab his gift I get out of the car, now wearing a black dress and black red-bottom heels. I knock on the door softly, waiting for my dad to answer it.

He soon opens the door, hugging me with a smile

"Hey, darling" he says, opening the door wider so I can come in.
"Hey, dad" I say softly while I sit the gift bag on the table.
"What kind of wine is it this time?" He asks, referring to the fact that since I've been old enough to buy alcohol, wine is all I will buy for him as a gift.
"Some kind of vintage wine" I reply and shrug my shoulders. I go to the kitchen and get a bottle of my favorite wine.

I see Daniel sitting on the couch in the family room, making me take a sip of the wine.
'This is going to be one hell of a night' I mumble to myself quietly.