Realization

Izuku's eyes blinked slowly as he turned over in bed, blindly reaching for his phone on the side table while he yawned sleepily. He stared longingly at Katsuki's contact, smiling softly as he reached up to drag the tips of his fingers over the engraved name slowly, his cheeks filling with color. What the hell had he gotten himself into? He hasn't seen Katsuki in nearly five years and now that he's shown back up, Izuku is already letting him court him? The Omega shook his head with a small laugh, tossing his phone onto the bed and laying his arm over his eyes with a deep sigh. Katsuki didn't even know he was wearing the collar yet. How was he supposed to tell him something like that? Izuku begrudgingly sat up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and sliding his feet into the ebony slippers laying delicately near the bed. The greenette grinned softly, shuffling lazily into his kitchen and brewing a pot of coffee, his first instinct being to head to Katsumi's room. He stopped dead in his tracks, remembering that she wasn't there and groaning in annoyance at his habits. He had to get used to this.

The green eyed male made his way back into the kitchen, grabbing a mug and pouring some coffee before mindlessly stuffing a few chips in his mouth from the container on the counter. He didn't see the need in cooking an actual meal since his daughter wasn't there. Izuku set his drink down on the coffee table, slumping down onto the couch and switching on the tv with a loud yawn.

.
.
.

Katsuki smiled warmly at the little girl watching cartoons in the living room, plating the pancakes and dolloping on a few clumps of whipped cream and fruit chunks. He set the pan in the sink, pouring a cup of orange juice and taking it to the living room with Katsumi, placing the food on the tray for her as she giggled in excitement. The Alpha grinned as she dug in to her breakfast, sitting down beside her on the sofa and reaching over to fix her unruly hair, yet failing miserably. "Papa?" She asked softly after a few minutes, stopping what she was doing to look up at the pro hero.

"What is it, princess?" He responded with a low, love filled purr, red eyes focusing on her chubby, whipped cream stained cheeks.

"You're the one that sent us all those presents, right?" She said, earning a small nod in response. "Does... that mean you love mommy?"

Katsuki chuckled, patting the top of her head gently. "Of course I do," he admitted, poking her cheek and earning a giggle. "I love you, too, little one."

Katsumi beamed brightly. "Mommy hasn't taken the necklace off since he got it!" The little girl exclaimed, going back to eating her breakfast with a cheery expression as her big eyes flickered back to the cartoon.

"Necklace?" The Alpha said in confusion. He hadn't bought Izuku a necklace. Had another person sent Izuku gifts?

"Yeah, the black one! Momma wanted to cover it up for some reason, though..." The four year old spoke with a mouth full of pancakes, laughing in excitement at the tv. Katsuki didn't remember buying a black necklace. He mentally went through the list of items he had bought, drawing a blank. Then, his eyes widened. Izuku was wearing the collar he got him. Izuku put on the courting collar without telling him. Why was he hiding that from him? Of all things, he chose to hide that from him? The image of Izuku's turtleneck sweater flashed in his mind, realizing that he had been covering it purposely.

"Hey, sweetheart, I'm just going to step into the other room for a few minutes. I'll be right back, okay?" He said, standing from the couch and walking into his bedroom with excitement running through his veins. Izuku had not only accepted his courting attempts, but was even officially letting Katsuki court him. He grinned like a madman, grabbing his phone off the nightstand and quickly dialing Izuku's number. He sighed softly, closing his eyes and waiting for the Omega to pick up.

"Hello?" A sweet voice answered, the Alpha sitting down on the bed and letting himself indulge in the sound.

"Deku..." Katsuki whispered, afraid to speak too loudly in fear of scaring the boy.

"Bakugou? Is Katsumi alright?" Izuku said, panic clear in his voice.

"No, no, everything is fine... But we need to talk." The blond spoke with an audible sigh. Izuku stayed quiet for a few moments, taking in the man's voice and letting himself relax knowing his pup was okay. Katsuki chewed the inside of his lip nervously, the greenette mimicking him mindlessly on the other line. "Katsumi... Actually, I'll tell you when I drop her off. See you in twenty minutes... I love you." The pro hero said with a soft croon gracing his words, the sharp inhale from Izuku making his heart beat faster.

"Okay, Katsuki..." The Alpha wasn't supposed to drop her off for another few hours, but Izuku knew it was serious. "I... L-.. Uhm, See you in twenty."

The sound of the green eyed male hanging up left Katsuki breathless, unable to express properly how excited he was. Izuku almost said he loved him back. Shaking his head, he walked out, noticing that Katsumi had already finished her breakfast and was now laying back on the couch as she watched tv. "Angel, go get your stuff. Time to go home." She whined sadly, giving Katsuki big puppy eyes as she looked up at him.

"I don't want to go home... Can't I just stay another night...?" She pleaded, the Alpha's heart breaking. "Please, Daddy?"

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. Maybe next weekend, okay?" He said softly, kissing her forehead gently.

"Okay..." she sighed, getting up to grab her backpack and doll, having already gotten dressed. He sighed, sliding his shoes on and grabbing his keys, picking up Katsumi and kissing her cheek sweetly.

______________________________

Another chapter 😌 Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

1030 words