Chapter 12

Roman

I was beyond annoyed when this meeting started, it was obvious that the king had come here with the intent of getting his daughter married, although I couldn't blame him it was obvious that princess Elena was an annoying thorn in his side.

Although beautiful, princess Elena was snooty, arrogant and annoying. Since she had arrived she had made it her mission to stick to me and Ezra while her people crooned on about how beautiful she was, With her provocative dress which barely covered anything, she kept thrusting her cleavage at us while gazing at us seductively.

I actually felt sorry for her because all she talked about since meeting us is how beautiful she was and how she would make a suitable bride, even after we've told her we are already engaged, I wonder how she will react when she finally meets our little bird because next to her she looks like an horse's ass.

When king Alex had made the announcement that he wanted Ezra and I to marry his daughter in other to form an alliance we weren't shocked because he and his daughter had dropped several hints.

After telling king Alex that it was not possible and we should find another means to form an alliance I turned and my eyes landed on Firebird and my heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest, my God she's gorgeous, she made all the women here look plain, when I saw the look on Elena's face I almost laughed she looked like she just saw a ghost, I guess all her illusions had just been shattered right in front of her.

Firebird showed the beauty and grace of a true queen and was able to avoid Elena's snootiness, and she was also able to charm and impress king Alex which i did not see often. She took her seat between me and Ezra and we couldn't seem to tear our eyes away from her, i heard someone clearing there throat and that's when I realized that we were not alone, I turned towards king Alex and he was staring at my little bird with curiosity.

"King Alex you have finally met our bride and I'm sure now you understand why Ezra and I can't marry your daughter".

"Indeed I do, perhaps we can commence with a treaty and then workout the details in private" replied king Alex, i'm glad he was understanding because I really did not want our two kingdoms going to war against each other, it would just be a waste of good soldiers, people and resources most especially now that the druids attacks were increasing at an alarming rate.

"That would be.........." I was cut off by Elena's tantrum.

"Nooooooooo, I refuse to accept this, we've come a long way so everyone can see the union between me and the kings of thermesdera and I refuse to be humiliated by a low life peasant wanting to climb her way in the social ladder!"

"Elena enough of this, they have made their choice, it is now left for us to honor it, do not bring disgrace and war unto our kingdom" replied king Alex.

At this point me and Ezra were beyond angry at this brat but had to maintain our cool due to the fact that she is the daughter to the king we were trying to make peace with, otherwise, she would have spent the rest of her life in our dungeon for showing such disrespect to our future queen.

Firebird on the other hand did not seem concerned or shocked by anything princess Elena said rather she showed as little interest you would bestow on a common house fly and this seemed to infuriate Elena more. I was about to continue on with the treaty arrangement when I was interrupted by Elena again!.

"No father I won't stand here and watch a powerless nobody become the queen of this kingdom, I'm beautiful, I'm powerful and most importantly I actually come from a royal blood line, so therefore I challenge their bride to a tournament of power where the winner becomes the queen of Thermesdera".

Everyone gasped and the room became quite, everyone tenced not knowing what to say next. Yes the tournament of power is an ancient rule where someone can challenge a king or queen to the death or until one of them surrenders in other to take their position of power but the tournament of power have not been called upon for so many years now.

At this point I was about to explode, my beast wanted to tear into Elena and Ezra looked like he was about to leap over the table and strangle her, her father looked about ready to kill his daughter himself, I was about to disagree to this when Firebird spoke up.

"Challenge accepted" everyone in the room gasped in shock again.

What!? "little bird no, I won't let you do this" I can't allow this, I won't lose her.

Firebird stood up and looked at a smirking Elena who was already convinced she had won.

"You want a challenge?, fine I'll give you one but when I win you will bow down and address me as your queen and I hope you can handle the disgrace of everyone finding out your not as powerful as you deceive them to be".

Elena looked taken aback but quickly laughed it off " a mere peasant can't defeat me, a human for that matter, trust me dear I've already won, so pack your bags and get ready to leave"

" we shall see about that" replied Firebird.

What the hell just happened, how on earth did we go from a treaty signing to a challenge of power.