Chapter 13

Firebird

I have had enough of this woman and I can't wait to put her in her place.

As we made our way to the arena Roman and Ezra kept trying to convince me to change my mind but I refused, they later realized that there was no point trying.

On reaching the arena Roman and Ezra climbed the steps leading to a raised podium where the thrones were placed. Everyone from both ours and Elena's kingdom were already seated in the stadium, king Alex sat next to the kings, he and the kings looked worried on my behalf, if they only knew.

I looked towards Elena who has been smirking all the way here, I can't wait for this to begin.

One of Roman's and Ezra's advisors stood up and announced,

"We are here to witness the tournament of power between lady Firebird the future queen of Thermesdera and princess Elena of Notombra in order to know who will descend the throne and rule alongside the kings and who will live, die or surrender. May the tournament begin!"

Immediately the Advisor was done with the announcement the crowd went wild screaming and cheering, while some were staring at me with pity.

When I turned towards Elena I saw her about to fling a fireball directly at me and I dodged, she kept firing at me and I continued dodging until I was close enough to deliver a round house kick to her face and a punch to her throat which landed her on her butt.

Elena now looked furious and has lost that stupid smirk of her's, she hadn't expected me to last this long which was why she had been toying with me expecting to finish me off quickly and easily, which would have been a major blow and embarrassment to my status in the kingdom.

"Are you getting tired Elena, do you need a nap" I asked sarcastically.

"You think just because you have lasted this long you actually stand a chance at defeating me, well you are wrong!".

And the next thing I knew I was enclosed by a cocoon like coverage, and before everything went dark I heard the kings calling my name and Elena laughing hysterically and then all I saw was darkness.