Chapter 21

Chapter 21: An Apology

Huo Xiaoxiao was angry.

'Why do adults nowadays like to lie with their eyes open?'

She had finally plucked up her courage and racked her brains to find a way to please her father, yet in the end, he wasn't moved. Forget it! Since he didn't want to admit that he was in the drawing, just leave it!

But why was her father like this?

Couldn't he just show some love to his daughter?

What a nuisance!

Even if the emperor came today, she would still draw her daddy instead of her grandpa!

"Draw daddy!" Huo Xiaoxiao pointed to the person in the drawing and explained in the right words, "Today at the seaside, Daddy, I.... I am sorry to Daddy. So... Xiaoxiao draw Daddy."

The explanation was choppy, but her logic was clear.

She had done something wrong at the beach earlier, so she drew him to express her apology.

Huo Suicheng looked at the painting with his eyebrows furrowed. Under Huo Xiaoxiao's hopeful eyes, he said, "I forgave you for what happened this afternoon when you said sorry."

Huo Xiaoxiao deeply felt that her father's words meant: I forgave you; you don't have to apologize for this drawing.

All said and done, he disliked her painting.

'Even though it's a little ugly, it's still painted by your daughter. Blood is thicker than water! Can't you just compliment me?'

'Where's your honesty at ordinary times?!'

After thinking about it, Huo Xiaoxiao went back to the room with her drawing, climbed up the stool, lay prone on the table, and continued drawing on the paper.

She drew another person. He had a flat head like a pumpkin and a large body like a watermelon. His eyes were wider than his mouth, his hands were bigger than his feet, and his hair was thick.

Wow, ugly.

After finishing, she rushed to the room and handed her drawing to Huo Suicheng again.

"This is Daddy, this is grandfather, and this is me!"

A family of three, all in one place.

Huo Suicheng looked at the most abstract person in the drawing. After a few seconds of silence, he praised it against his will, "Well, it's great."

Huo Xiaoxiao's eyes lit up at the compliment. "Then Dad likes it! Don't be angry!"

"Dad already forgave you, so I'm not angry. If you show this to Grandpa, he will be happy."

Huo Xiaoxiao hurried to nod. She then said with a face full of excitement and expectation, "I'll go... go... show it to Grandpa!"

Afterward, she took the drawing with her and couldn't wait to go to Old Master Huo's room.

Old master Huo was preparing to sleep when there was a small knock on the door.

He opened the door and looked down to see the toddler standing on her toes, skipping around with her small legs, and struggling to show him the picture with both hands.

"Grandpa, Grandpa! Draw!"

The moment he saw the drawing, Old master Huo was amazed. He took it with one hand and hugged Xiaoxiao with the other one.

"Did Xiaoxiao draw it?"

Huo Xiaoxiao nodded and pointed at the drawing. "This is Grandpa, this is Dad, and this is me!"