Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Misunderstanding 

Huo Xiaoxiao was tossing and turning in bed, deeply reflecting on her greedy behavior today.

She knew that a child couldn't have too much fried food, but she couldn't stop her mouth from eating.

If it was delicious, just eat!

Now, her body was feeling unwell, and she couldn't play. It meant her whole day was going to be wasted?

Yi Qian crept into the room, climbed into the bed, and asked her, "Xiaoxiao, what's the matter with you?"

Huo Xiaoxiao said feebly, "Too much fried chicken. Uncomfortable."

"I'm going to tell Uncle Huo!"

Huo Xiaoxiao grabbed him at once. "No! You can't tell him. If Daddy knows, he's gonna teach me another lesson."

"But aren't you sick?"

"I'll just sleep. You are not allowed to tell on me!"

Yi Qian looked worried. "Shall I go and inform Aunt Zhao?"

"No! My aunt's gonna tell my dad. I'm fine, really! Just get some sleep. I heard that there will be fireworks in the evening. How about we set off fireworks together?"

"Will you really be alright?"

'I'm sure I will!

Yi Qian nodded hesitantly. "That... Well, have a good rest."

Finally coaxing Yi Qian away, Huo Xiaoxiao breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the ceiling.

Did she really have to wait for the food to digest? If that was the case, she would waste a whole afternoon and watch fireworks at night.

No. It was not easy to come out and play. She had to figure out a way.

It was not as if she had not eaten so much before. She must either aid her digestion or vomit it out.

Digestion aiding medicine was impossible to get, so it only left one method.

She opened her eyes and looked around. There was no one.

Huo Xiaoxiao slipped out of bed with her bare feet and sneaked into the toilet. She contemplated for a long time before the toilet seat before deciding to put her hand in her mouth.

Throwing up the contents in the stomach should be less painful.

She shoved her index finger in her mouth.

Shoved in again.

And again.

"...?"

No reaction?

Was her hand too small? Why couldn't she put it in?

Huo Xiaoxiao looked at her five short fingers and wanted to say something.

This wouldn't do. She must think of other ways.

Clutching her stomach, she returned to the room, scanned her surroundings, and set her eyes on the small spoon on the table.

Three seconds later, Huo Xiaoxiao resolutely gave up the method she came up with.

What if she stabbed herself?

The gains did not make up for the losses.

After thinking about it and still not getting any solution, she rolled to the bed with her stomach covered.

Perhaps it would digest after a nap.

Huo Xiaoxiao thought optimistically.

But half an hour later, the food in the stomach not only did not digest, but it was also getting more and more uncomfortable.