Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Act Coquettishly 

Standing in front of her... with a belt...

This image automatically flashed in Huo Xiaoxiao's mind, and she suddenly felt a little painful.

Hmm... It was just some documents. Her dad shouldn't be so cruel, right?

No, she couldn't think too nicely of her father.

No, no, no, she shouldn't focus on this point right now. Compared to beating her, this ANZ project was more important.

If her dad was really involved in the ANZ project, would the Huo Family be facing bankruptcy in the near future?

In the original plot, Huo Suicheng suffered a severe loss of reputation in the corporate sector because of the Luming Mountain project, so he focused all of his energy on the ANZ project. Also, her dad's Luming Mountain project had been suspended. To a large extent, he was in a difficult position, just like in the plot.

Huo Xiaoxiao looked at the ink-stained documents in the drawer.

The ANZ project must be significant to her father.

He would definitely beat her hard later.

She rummaged through all her memories but found no prior experience of being beaten.

"Xiaoxiao, are you done?" Yi Qian squatted by the door and asked her in a low voice.

Huo Xiaoxiao recovered from her reverie, closed the drawer, and climbed down the stool.

"I'm done."

"Did you find it?"

Huo Xiaoxiao shook her head. "No."

"Then what should we do?"

"Maybe I remembered it wrongly. Forget it, let's go first."

The two children quickly left the 'crime scene'.

But Huo Xiaoxiao kept feeling anxious and frightened.

She could only deceive herself but not others. Her father would eventually find out, and it was unknown how he would react.

"Yi Qian, I want to ask you something."

"What's the matter?"

"Have you... ever got beaten by your father?"

Yi Qian stared at her with wide eyes.

Huo Xiao was uncomfortable with the way he looked at her, so she took a guess. "Been beaten?"

The child couldn't hide his emotions, perhaps because he felt it was a shame to be beaten by his father. When Huo Xiaoxiao guessed it correctly, he instantly blushed.

"You... Why are you asking this?"

"I am just curious. Tell me, how did you get beaten by your dad? Did it hurt? How did he beat you?"

"I can't remember."

"Liar, you definitely still remember. Tell me quickly."

This matter was too embarrassing in Yi Qian's mind, but Huo Xiaoxiao kept pestering him even though he wanted to avoid this question.

"It's just... I don't like eggs. I threw them away and lied about finishing them, so my dad hit me twice with his hand."

"So you got spanked? Did it hurt?"

Yi Qian's cheeks flushed. "It didn't hurt."

Huo Xiaoxiao looked at him thoughtfully. "Liar. It must have been painful."