Chapter 57

Chapter 57: Unexpected Person

As the autumn approached, the temperature started to fall sharply.

A few days ago, the weather was still warm and cozy, overnight the cool breeze turned chilly. The land filled with green plants fluttered under the rustling cold wind sweeping the branches and leaves fell and withered.

Huo Xiaoxiao's room was covered with a thick layer of carpet, and the clothes in the cloakroom also changed from autumn clothes to winter clothes.

Before leaving early in the morning, Huo Suicheng was looking at the branches swaying in the cold wind through the window an while tidying his tie, and warned Huo Xiaoxiao, "Last night, the temperature fell, it's cold outside, stay in the house today and take care your grandpa, okay? Don't go out to play, you hear me?"

Huo Xiaoxiao lazily replied: "Heard--"

As soon as Huo Suicheng went out, she made a phone call to Qi Yian and Zhuoozhuo.

Although her father made a phone call yesterday, saying that she won't be coming over, she should have at least tell them personally.

She dialed Yi Qian's number on her wrist watch, it immediately connected.

"Hey, Xiaoxiao! You... why are you calling me? You coming over to my house?"

"No, didn't my daddy call your daddy yesterday that i can't make it today?"

The person on the other line was silent for a moment, Yi Qian sounded quite lost, "Eh, I know, I thought you called me today 'cause you changed your mind."

"Have not. I just wanted to call you to say that I'm not going,  I'm sorry, the weather changed so rapidly and grandpa is not well. I'm staying at home to accompany him."

"Grandpa Huo's not feeling good?"

"Yep."

"That... then how about I come over to your house?" At the thought of this good opportunity, Yi Qian's voise rose with excitement. "I want to see Grandpa Huo!"

"But it's too cold, will your parents allow you t go out?"

"Likely, they will agree!"

"But, there's nothing to enjoy here."

"It doesn't matter, I'll bring you something delicious!"

"What about Lu Jing and the others?"

"Them... them... I'll invite them tomorrow. I'm alone here today anyways, so can I come over?"

Huo Xiaoxiao thought for a moment, "That... wait for a moment, I'll ask grandpa. If he agrees then you can come over."

"Okay. Don't forget to call me later!"

"Yes!"

Hanging up the phone, Huo Xiaoxiao went to Old Master Huo's room.

The door of the room was half open, inside the room there was a doctor and nurse, who had started to visit every day to check Old Master Huo's health.

The doctor took the stethoscope from hi ear and hung it on his neck. He smiled, "Old Master Huo, your body is improving. As I said before, being happy is good for your health as well."

Old MasterHuo had a smile on his face, "Yes, my little granddaughter is so quirky, she can't get angry even if she wants to."

Huo Xiaoxiao pushed to open the door and ran to the bedside. She looked at the doctor and the nurse and asked, "Doctor, how is my grandpa's health? Is it good?"