√chapter thirteen

Zainab's POV

I wonder every time, Nofil asked me about Meekal, why the black of her eyes turned darker and wider with curiosity? This time as well, she had sent the maid away and lowered down her tone as she was about to unfold a detective case.

"Your that friend and colleague as well. What was his name?" She mumbled while scratching the back of her neck.

"Meekal?" I quickly suggested.

One thing, I somehow noticed was that she always didn't remember Meekal's name, and also; most of the time, she referred to him as my colleague and friend; with sometimes the addition of your classmate. But since she didn't have that much introduction to him and she knew him on my behalf, I let it slide once again. Still, their encounter at the hospital a month back where Daniyal had died, made me wary of what was going on between them. Their familiar gazes and that nervous smile on Meekal's face on the sight of Nofil propelled me to think that they didn't just know each other due to me. On the other hand, that eye roll of Nofil was also skeptical.

"Yes, yes, him," Nofil's loud voice brought me out of the trains of thoughts I was traveling in.

Thank God, you figure him out!

"What's with him?" I asked with a raised brow.

Instead of saying anything, she came near me and took my right hand in hers. I looked at her face then my hand with confusion in my eyes.

"Bhabi, that guy is...I think he is..." she abruptly stopped and stared at my back as to she was reluctant to tell me the thing.

Here I just took a sigh in frustration since she just killed my novelty after rising it up to the sky's level. She was still gazing behind me while chewing her lower lip; causing me to turn my head back as well. But there was no one there except me and her. It was obvious that she was thinking something.

After a while, she returned her attention to me, "Bhabi, I have heard that Meekal is really up to dated about new job vacancies."

"Not him but his roommate Rayyan," I quickly corrected her.

Meekal was originally from Hyderabad but for studies and jobs as well, he needed to come to Karachi. Here, he brought a room in local boys hostel and Rayyan Malik was his roommate there. Despite their different majors as Rayyan was studying Mass Communication and Meekal was in Computer Engineering; they both mingled well. I didn't know much about Rayyan except that he was from Faisalabad and the most important thing that he was a master in knowing about all the new jobs and empty vacancies. I had also taken his help one or two times on gaining information about these things which was obviously through Meekal. That was the reason, I also never met him in person.

Nofil referring to this was not a surprise for me since I already talked to her regarding my jobs and who helped me with these quite often. She must have forgotten that it was Rayyan, not Meekal. But one thing which confused me was that why she was imploring this.

"Why are you asking this, Nofil?"

"Because Bhabi, as my last year is going to end in a month or two so I want to get some experience as an intern before the start of my university life," she replied while playing with her fingers.

I nodded my head as I understood what she meant, "why not? You should do it but don't overwork okay?" I chuckled while slightly hitting her forehead with my finger.

She smiled cheekily at this.

"So can you give me that Rayyan's number?" She asked after a while.

"I don't have Rayyan's but I can give you Meekal's number. He will help you talk to Rayyan," I recommended her with a questionable look.

She grinned in excitement before saying, "sounds good. Thank you Bhabi."