√chapter fourty

Zainab's POV

After breakfast, Shaiq again hid himself inside his office as he got important emails to answer. I suddenly felt terrible for being this nuisance for him that he needed to be this uneasy. But he assured me that it was nothing and he was fine. Besides he would be joining his office from tomorrow.

I came into our bedroom afterward and found recently washed clothes of ours which came directly from the laundry. To kill some time till Shaiq would get free, I decided to set them back into the wardrobe.

Ironing Shaiq's office shirts and some of my formal attire, I delicately hung them inside the wardrobe. Some of the other clothes which I thought would not be needed shortly, I folded them and placed them on the bottom of the cabinet.

After that, I tidied up the bed sheet and did a bit of sweeping of the room. Now the room looked much better than before.

If Shaiq would see the room cleaned up like this and his wardrobe being this order, he would surely get angry with me for again doing chores. I smiled sheepishly at this.

But what could I do? I couldn't stay leisurely for a second. Since my childhood, I had been adapted to doing heavy work But on the other hand, now I wanted to give my whole time, love, and energy to Shaiq and the house family
I wanted to focus on my husband and strive to make his household a paradise as every wife does. That was the reason I was thinking about quitting my job as well and just staying at home. Perhaps they would have already fired me considering the abrupt untold absences from me. 

I was already tired of running for making a living for myself and my family. But now I wanted to give Shaiq my whole life. I liked to create a family with him.

I was about to leave for the kitchen to check today's menu for lunch when my newly gotten phone rang. Shaiq had inserted a sim in it and gave it back to me before I came from his office. I picked it up from the bed. There was some unknown number. Who was it? But I decided to accept it since probably my new sim failed to retrieve some of my old contacts.

"Hello," I said.

"Zainab, hi." There was a male voice that I  couldn't comprehend.

"Who are you?"

"It's me, Meekal."

My jaw dropped. "Meekal, why are you calling me from a different number?...  How are you? How's life?"

I couldn't believe I couldn't understand his voice.

"It's my other number... how are you? I got to know from your sister-in-law about that horrible accident. I am sorry to hear this. Are you feeling well?"

"I am fine, Meekal."

We agreed to meet someday as I told him about my wish to leave my job. He said that he was giving the company leave application on my behalf, and that was the reason they didn't fire me.  And now I would myself go to submit my resignation.

Talking to Meekal after such a long time seemed so pleasant.

The door clicked and Shaiq entered inside. He smiled at me. "How did you like your phone?" He asked standing near me.

"Perfect. Thanks again Shaiq, In fact, I already got my first call on it," I chucked.

Shaiq gritted his brows in confusion.

"It was my colleague from my office. Asking why I wasn't coming...Shaiq, I have decided to end this. I mean quit my job. I really don't have any interest in it now. I want to give time to our relationship now," I stated.