𝘀𝗶𝘅

LOUIS currently laid curled up in his room, mindlessly scrolling through instagram. getting lost in his friends profile pages. one specifically was kaila's. he couldn't help but wonder why he and her were so much more distant these few months. sure, they did talk but it would only be awkward and few words would be exchanged. he remembered the next day after their last dinner with the cast of enola holmes, and he remembered that was two days before she flew off back to boston, massachusetts. still five and a half months later, he didn't know why.

he often wondered why she left so abruptly, and if he was completely honest, it made him a bit sad that she left without saying goodbye to him. even though when he called her two days after, it seemed like she was fine. not good, just fine. she didn't greet him with her usual 'what's up my london boy'. he was so lost in thought that he didn't notice issie at his room door.

"lola is here," was all issie said and she left to go to her room. louis furrowed his eyebrows, lola wasn't supposed to meet him until late for their sixth month anniversary.

louis walked down the hall to the stairs, then his front door. he opened it, and there was his girlfriend of sixth months today.

"hey! what are you doing here? i thought we were supposed to meet at five...?" he asked.
lola smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

"uh, yeah i actually needed to talk to you. it's about us," she said, twiddling her fingers. "can we talk inside?"

"oh, yeah sorry," louis apologized, stepping aside and they both sat at his kitchen island.

"it's about us," she said, "it's not anything about you, but...it's me."

• • •

kailaevans