𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

• • •

KAILA WAS IN AN INTERVIEW, at the nearest iHeartRadio headquarters which was the london location. even though it had been one day since she released her ep, she still had press people on her back. they were all so interested in the valentine's day surprise she pulled off. evidently, when she's doing press for enola holmes in new york, angela said that she had to do press for 'heartbreak hero' too. she loved being busy.

"so, tell me. why did you decide to release it on lovers day?" david, her interviewer for london iHeartRadio, asked.

kaila lightly laughed, "in complete honesty, i had these songs written and i couldn't wait to share it. i have this knack for wanting people to hear my words and i guess that's what i did."

"yeah i actually love that though. a lot of people nowadays feel like their words aren't valid, especially in the music industry. do you think your style of music can change the game?" asked david, with a small smile.

kaila nodded and took a deep breath, speaking into the microphone. "i definitely feel like my music is different, but with mixtures of taylor swift. i've been in love with her music since i was little, so i take a lot of inspiration from her."

"of course, and i saw that she sent you a handwritten letter and a ring?!"

kaila laughed. "yep! she did, it was so sweet too. no one ever writes letters anymore so that was really special, especially coming from the queen herself. it was also a shock when i found a ring in there, and the meaning was so special —which i won't share though," kaila laughed with david .

"that's amazing! hopefully we will see a collab soon," david teased. "but everyone is asking the question of the storyline and the order of the music. can you explain this a bit?"

"of course! so, with dan, we recorded these songs in all different orders. we didn't know how to piece which ones should go where, and we assumed we would put them randomly. then when i was listening to the finished products, i realized there is this cadence of what i felt like," kaila said

"and what would that be?"

"it starts with 'heartbreak hero' which is just a little summary. like an introductory paragraph if you will," kaila laughed. "then it goes into like the happy, dreamy song of 'l-o-v-e' where it's like the i guess, 'honeymoon phase' of love. then you get hit with the realization that you saw 'mixed signals'. then you are at the stage of saying 'i wish' i said something sooner, and made that person realize that you're in love with him. then lastly, i guess, is the acceptance stage where you hope they're 'happier' and that's all you wanted for them in the first place."

"wow, i like how you used your titles when describing them. but wow, that's amazing. and i think something that you are most famous for is your storytelling ability through songs, and that just made it the cherry on top." david complimented kaila. "well, that's the end of our radio interview, thank you kaila evans. hopefully we can see you back here with more music!"

"thank you for having me. mwah!" she said into the microphone.

• • •

lou🤍