Chapter Forty-Five

*A/N: So, I just wanted to apologize for not updating for a very long time, but I hope I can do better now. And I decided to have this chapter in Danielle's POV as I felt it seemed to fit the best. Enjoy. 

Months had passed and I'm blown away by how big I've gotten in what seemed to be like a short amount of time. Though I couldn't do much or wear many of my old clothing, being pregnant had its benefits. 

For instance, Steve hardly lets me do any heavy lifting anymore. However, as much as I enjoy being on maternity leave and being able to send Steve on midnight runs to get me something from the corner stor to deal with my odd cravings, I do miss being able to do things on my own. I'm very independent and having to depend on someone kind of sucks. 

But now, it was only a short amount of time before Steve and I could introduce our child into the world. I'm beyond excited about this. We were preparing for the birth; buying toys and furniture for the nursery, diapers, etc. Since we wanted the gender to be a surprise, we made sure to buy unisex things for the baby. 

Steve was at work, well, on a mission to be exact. Him and Natasha got called to deal with something up in Maine and though he protested to go because he was worried about me and the baby, it took much convincing that we'd be fine and to worry about himself. 

Now, I sit at home, alone, and watching TV and reading some baby books that I had bought from the bookstore the other day. I wasn't paying much mind to the TV, though. It was used more as a background noise as I read. It made me feel a little less lonely, actually. I laugh at the thought. 

But these books taught me a lot over these months. I learned different methods to figuring out why my baby may cry and different tactics to helping them quiet down when they get antsy. But not all of it was just for the baby. I learned about different vitamins and minerals that I should take that had helped me during this period. 

I let out a light breath and placed a bookmark in the book and placed it on the coffee table. I slowly got up from the chair and made my way into the kitchen, the cool floor sending chills through my feet and up my spine causing me to shiver lightly. 

I opened the fridge and peeked inside, looking for something quick to eat. I wasn't in the mood to cook and I didn't want anything that required a lot of dishes, but I was honestly hungry. As my eyes scanned the fridge, all that seemed quick and tasty was a container of yogurt. 

A sad sigh escaped my lips and I reached for the container. I lightly hit the fridge door with my hip, closing it and making my way to the drawer with the silverware. I placed the container on the counter and reached for the drawer and opening. I grabbed a small spoon and pushed in the drawer with my stomach. 

I popped the lid off the container and dug my spoon into it and took a bite of the yogurt. I smiled happily as I tasted the mixture of strawberry and banana flavor. I took another spoonful, wanting to taste that sweet flavor again, when I suddenly felt something odd between my legs.

I felt a sudden feeling of wetness and my eyes quickly widened. I realized what it meant. It was time.