Chapter 35: Karmic Defeat

---Sabrina's POV---

"Focus on the Miraculous Karma. I can take your powers as easy as I gave them to you."

"Don't worry Hawkmoth. If those two have any redeeming qualities to them then there's no way that they'd let Lila get hurt. If they don't..."

There was rain everywhere. One of many powers that the marvelous Hawkmoth gave me to complete my goals. Control over the effects of nature.

What better way to catch Lila than in the rain? Marinette mentioned rain in her story of how she fell in love with Adrien and Adrien was who Lila obsessed over. What better way to threaten her life, than to dangle the girl by the arm over The Eiffel Tower the same way she claimed she did to Adrien.

Then again, there were no heroes coming to Lila's rescue. News cameras, helicopters, a crowd at the bottom of the tower, but no heroes.

"HEAR ME! I am Karma, and I will collect the debts of those who did wrong. This girl, Lila Rossi, is a liar and a monster. She singlehandedly drove a young girl who was loved by all to feel alone and run away. She has faked injuries and disorders for her own benefit, and fooled everyone who met her."

I smiled, justice running through my own veins. Purpose in my heart as I knew exactly what to do. A single voice in my head, telling me the right thing to do and the next step I should take, all other voices drowned out. An immense feeling of power washing over me every moment I stood there, looking over Paris. 

---Marinette's POV---

Cat Noir was still fuming from his little spat with Alya, all his anger directed towards Karma. 

We were hiding behind a wall on a rooftop and had a pretty good view over what was going on. Karma was dangling Lila over the edge of The Eiffel Tower and listing things that Lila has done, getting a lot of it wrong actually. 

If Lila was the only person treating me horribly, I would have ignored her like I did Chloe. She turned all my friends against me. That was Karma's biggest point, that Lila did all of the bulling by herself. She didn't. She started it, but those who chose to believe her are just as much to blame.

"SAVE ME LADYBUG! CAT NOIR!"

"Ugh. Maybe we should just let her fall." Cat quipped, scanning the scene in front of us.

"Trust me Kitty, I want her gone just as much as you do, but we can't let her fall."

"Whatever. What's the plan?"

I rolled my eyes at him. Even if he was angry, I'm injured. Why did I have to come up with some genius plan to get us out of this?

I thought for a moment. I couldn't stand up, Cat Noir was VERY angry, and Karma had a civilian dangling over The Eiffel Tower. There really wasn't much we could do.

"I think we need a bit of luck." I replied, "Lucky Charm!"

A storm of magical butterflies and pink around us, still hidden by the wall somehow, dropped a jetpack out of the sky.

"What could you possibly use that for? Why can't lucky charm just give us something actually useful for once?!"

I looked at Cat Noir to scold him, when he lit up in red and black.

"Calm down Cat. I got an idea."

---Adrien's POV---

Ladybug put the jetpack on and fastened the straps. I could already see where this was going.

"You're kitten me Bugaboo."

"Don't call me Bugaboo."

"Milady, you can't DO anything right now! You're hurt!"

Ladybug gave me a blank stare.

"Cat Noir... I can't stand. This makes it so I don't have to stand. Now hurry, we don't have much time! Go distract Karma!"

Of course, she saddles me with the dangerous job. Of course I don't want Ladybug near the battlefield right now, but that doesn't mean that I always want to be the distraction. I mean, she can literally fly right now.

Marinette would understand. She was always there when I needed to vent, then I'd see her the next day at school and she'd listen to me as Adrien. Her giggling and stuttering over herself. It was kind of cute in a way. I needed to find her fast.

"HEY KARMA!"

"Ahh THERE'S the stray. Catch!"

Karma let go of Lila, letting her fall, and holy cow her scream was loud. 

I vaulted towards her, grabbing her by the waist and lifting her over my shoulder like a bag of potatoes. The main difference being, that Lila was a lot heavier than a sack of potatoes. That, and her style of choice was, of course, the sausage.

"Put me down!"

"Okay."

I drop Lila and her sorry butt in a puddle, just in time to see Ladybug floating dangerously near Karma. Distraction time.

"She wasn't THAT hard to cat-ch. Give me a challenge next time! Maybe a half decent prize?"

Karma opened her bag, and took handfuls of daggers out, throwing them with just enough accuracy that if I hadn't of moved that moment, my head would be split in half.

Ladybug grabbed the bag off of Karma's shoulder and threw it to me, knowing full well that I would know what to do.

"CATACLISM!'

The shoulder bag disintegrated into dust in my hand, a black and purple butterfly flying out of the remains.

"No more evildoing for you little akuma. TIME TO DE-EVILIZE!"

Still floating with the jetpack, Ladybug captured the akuma and released it. A sight that I had seen many times, but amazed me yet again. her beauty shown through every movement. 

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

The magical Ladybugs traveled throughout the city as always, fixing everything that was destroyed first, then going to the injured civilians, to Ladybug herself, who now was sitting on the floor waiting for her leg to be healed. Finally, they dispersed through the sky, bringing back the sun and drying the puddles from the rain.

(A/N Akuma attacks are harder to write than you would think)