Chapter XXI: Not A Mistake

"So Satoru finally decided to commit

"So Satoru finally decided to commit.."

Shoko spoke as she did your physical exam, palpitating your abdomen, as you laid down on the examination bed. "Any pain?" She asked, as she pressed harder on your abdomen. You shook your head, and kept your attention on the ceiling. "No pain, and Satoru's been committed Shoko. This isn't an engagement ring by the way, it's a promise ring." Shoko chuckled, as she helped you sit up once she finished up with your physical exam. 

"What's the difference, (Y/N)? Either way, it's clearly a promise, or an engagement ring, whatever, it's still clear that the two of you will still get married- eventually." You sighed at the thought, you wanted to marry Satoru, of course, no doubt in your mind. But maybe you were too hasty when you accepted his proposal without a second thought, you knew quite well that his parents and the higher-ups would rather have him marry Utahime or Mei Mei, it would be the most perfect union. 

Was it alright to be selfish for once?

You watched Shoko walk over her to her desk and take three pieces of aspirin, then downing a glass of sake. Geez, it was only the afternoon and she never fails to impress you with her alcoholic self. Shoko was quite an interesting character, she loves to smoke and drink, even though she knew that it's terrible for her health and she's a doctor, to top that all of. 

"You want some? Cramps are a bitch and we're usually in sync." She asked, as she offered you the aspirin bottle. You almost forgot, you were suppose to get your period around last week, before Gojo and you headed back to Tokyo. But you never got it, and it was already Friday of the week after. Your eyes widened at the thought, there's no way right? You couldn't be, you guys literally only did it 'once', unless you ovulated- that's just unlucky.

 Your eyes widened at the thought, there's no way right? You couldn't be, you guys literally only did it 'once', unless you ovulated- that's just unlucky

"Shoko.. I missed my period."

Shoko stared at you, as the atmosphere in the room tensed up. It felt like if a coin dropped at this very moment, it'd echo. The crickets buzzed quietly outside of the window, and it felt like hours before Shoko finally found the right words to tell you. "I'm guessing getting engaged wasn't the only thing that the two of you were busy with." Shoko immediately grabbed a Safety Needle, Vacutainer Tube Holder, tourniquet and a SST Tube, as she prepared for a venipuncture.