Chapter XXXVIII: Megumi Fushiguro

A young woman had a soft smile present on her face, as she watched both the first and the second years play in the water

A young woman had a soft smile present on her face, as she watched both the first and the second years play in the water. She sat on the beach, wiggling her toes a bit, then sinking her toes deeper unto the sand. Today, marked the first day of their break. Technically, it wasn't vacation, but with Gojo having exorcised almost every cursed spirit within the 25 kilometer radius- it's officially vacation for the students.

The students yelled at each other, splashing water towards each other, as they basked under the summer sun. A soft sigh escaped her lips, content, after seeing her students have fun in the water. "Sensei." (Y/N) turned her head to the sound of the voice, "Megumi? It's just us, you can just call me (Y/N)." He nodded, "May I?" The raven haired boy asked, as he eyed the space beside her- she nodded. "Why aren't you having fun with the rest of them?" She asked the young boy, as she turned her gaze straightforward, continuing to watch the students play in the water without a care in the world.

It was silent for a second, then "Thank you." The woman's eyes widened a bit, turning her head to get a better look at the boy beside her. "I wanted to say thank you, I never got the chance to." She was speechless, unsure of what to say next. "For what, Megumi-kun?" (Y/N) observed the way he fiddled with his fingers, he wasn't nervous. But he was hesitant, she could tell through his body language. Years worth of taking care of the young boy, she eventually understood how he was. Then he paused and looked at her straight in the eye, speaking of words that left her mouth agape.

 Then he paused and looked at her straight in the eye, speaking of words that left her mouth agape

"For having always taken care of my sister and I."

Gojo Satoru was a second year student at the time, roughly around the age of seventeen. The young woman he came to love was fifteen, it was the year she had entered Jujutsu High as a first year student. No one came back unscathed from the Star Plasma Vessel mission, even when Satoru seemed to have gained a lot by learning the true potential of his limitless- there were also things that were sacrificed during the mission. Even when it's been a decade, the scars seemed to continue being fresh wounds.

".. S.. Satoru who's this?" The young girl blinked in confusion, eyeing the small boy, that seemed to be around the age of six. "This here is Megumi! Fushiguro Megumi! Starting from today onwards we'll be taking care of him!" The sapphire orbed man gleed, causing the young woman to furrow her eyebrows together. Taking a deep breath in, and swallowing her questions down for later, she smiled at the little boy. "Hi Megumi! I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you!" She knelt down on face level, as she ruffled his hair gently. The raven haired boy continued to have a poker face, she was slightly taken back by his demeanor, but didn't mind it.