Chapter XXIX: Heikō uchū

The sun softly hit your face, as the gentle wind surrounded your body, breezing by ever so gently

The sun softly hit your face, as the gentle wind surrounded your body, breezing by ever so gently. There were few clouds in the sky that rolled, it was serene, like a reminiscent of a nature painting that was once presented in an art gallery. You laid there peacefully, under the tree that had fresh leaves blooming within its branches. The sky turned from pink to orange, then darkness erupted out of nowhere, it crouched from east as the dispersed clouds slowly let out slight rumbles throughout the skies. 

The young girl was unaware of any of this, as she slept peacefully under that blooming green tree. A book on her stomach, while her two hands rested on top of it. Soft puffs of air being released from her mouth, as she was completely oblivious of the brewing storm that was surrounding her. A young man with sapphire orbs, and white hair approached her, trying to keep the rustling of the leaves under his shoes as quiet as possible. A soft smile emerging on his face, as he observed the young girl quietly, bending down to get a closer look of her sleeping face.  

"(Y/N)-chan

"(Y/N)-chan."

The raven-haired girl furrowed her eyebrows together, as she fluttered her eyes open. When she looked up, her golden orbs met the sapphire orbs that matched the blue sky up above, that were slowly being covered by the clouds. "What are you doing out here again? It's about to rain, we should head inside." He smiled, reaching a hand down to her. "Sato.." She smiled softly, her lover looked so at peace, his features gentle, not a single wrinkle present on his pale face. (Y/N) reached her hand out to him, as he pulled her up and brought her into his arms.

"What are you doing out here all alone? You knew the forecast said it was going to rain.." She chuckled softly against the crook of his neck, her forearms pressing against his firm chest. "What if you got sick, my Kikufuku? The Kyoto Sister School Exchange is happening in a couple of days, did you forget?" She furrowed her eyebrows together, absolutely confused by his statement. The young man looked down at her, "Did you really forget, (Y/N)? We're suppose to have the first Group Battle in a few days." He observed her conflicted facial expression, before reaching his free hand up to caress her cheek.

Something about the statement confused, like it felt wrong. "Let's discuss this inside, okay? It's about to start raining." He turned his attention towards the sky, gently tugging you with him as he started walking towards the direction of the school. It felt nice, seeing Satoru relaxed, you looked down at your right hand that he was holding unto. Didn't your ring finger have a ring on it, or was your memory failing you? Did Satoru always wear his dark rimmed glasses? Why was he wearing the student uniform?