Episode 6 - Resumption

The following night, after waking up, you patiently observed the sunset before being able to leave your room; soldiers guarded the Pembroke day and night and it wouldn't be easy to do it unnoticed...of course, this wasn't true for a vampire like you...

In fact, you managed to escape through the French window. Darkness enveloped you and you flew over the London sky; you didn't know it could be so sad and poor, especially in neighborhoods full of homeless and criminals, and now vampires too.
You didn't understand why some of them were so different from you...their growls and the stench of their blood could be heard for miles away and attacked anyone who ventured on those filthy streets.

These were the Skal, the worst species of vampire, devoid of any human conscience and emotions that follow only their blood instincts...on the other hand, you felt lucky not to be one of them.

It wasn't long before you reached the West End; it wasn't the brightest of all the districts, but it was certainly the least problematic. You grew up there, with your father in the family manor; despite your mother's untimely death, you never lacked anything. The teachings you received would serve to become the ideal woman for any respected gentleman.

The perfect life a girl could want, or almost...when your father thought he had found the right man for you, you didn't want to accept it.

《Father, I don't need a man now, especially someone I have no feelings about...I can take care of your shop-》

《This is none of your business, Y/n, and you need a man to take care of you when I'm gone...Mr. Mitchell is a great match and has agreed to meet you. I want to secure a prosperous future for you, my daughter.》  Your father paced nervously back and forth, hoping you could accept his decision.

《Let me decide what I want, father...if she were here, she would understand too...》  The noise of a vase thrown on the ground made you fall into silence.

《Enough Y/n, I don't want to hear this story anymore! And if your mother were here, she would say the same thing too, if your life is involved!》

You remembered perfectly what happened that evening; your father had changed towards you, you had become a woman by now, beautiful, intelligent and elegant and anyone would have wanted you as their wife. However, it wasn't easy to find the right one and you were still too young to face that tough and difficult world alone, without a man by your side.

Your father didn't know, but you had met someone by letter and, over time, he was becoming more and more important to you. You didn't know anything about him, except his handwriting and the wonderful words that you read every night...you were hoping to meet him, one day...

After that argument with your father, you went out that night slamming the front door. You needed to clear your head before you made your peace with him...but you never came back, as your body was lying on the cold, dirty London street, with a deep vampire bite on your neck.

Just then, you saw the windows of your father's shop. It was still too early to close. In any case, your destination was towards your home.
Nobody had noticed you and would have avoided getting close to those you had known; after all, you didn't know what rumors were circulating about you and your disappearance and if they believed you were dead or alive...fortunately, the fog was able to confuse the dark veil that surrounded you and hide your passage.

Soon after, you were there, in front of the entrance. You were about to hit the door when something stopped you...
You were afraid. You were afraid of your father's reaction. What would have happened if he had seen you, so suddenly?

Accidentally, you heard him speak; even though he was upstairs and away from the front door, you could hear his voice as if he were one step away from you. He was talking with the old butler, a close friend to him. He was tired and destroyed, he didn't want to do anything anymore, not even eat and sleep. He didn't care about the shop, he wanted to sit in his armchair with the telephone handset beside him and a couple of papers written on a table.
He started talking about you, his only daughter, suddenly disappeared and not returned yet. You heard him sobbing as he repeated your name, hoping that you would appear in front of him at that very moment, to finally be able to hug you.