Episode 8 - Deception

Jonathan flew out of the Pembroke's borders and away from any prying eyes. When he put you down again, you saw that he was still shrouded in a black mist.
Even though he showed kind and helpful, he could be really dangerous...you were an Ekon like him, but you didn't like that strange aura around him.

《How do you feel, Miss Wright?》  The doctor asked you once he was back as before.

You wrapped yourself in your arms as if you suddenly felt cold.

《I'm fine...thank you, Doctor Reid.》

You appreciated his help, especially when you realized that McCullum's actions had taken an unexpected direction.
In that moment, Jonathan saw your lost gaze in your thoughts and looked worried.

《McCullum can be truly merciless when it comes to vampires...I hope I got there in time and he didn't do you any harm...》

The vampire shortened the distance between you two; at that point, he reached a hand in the direction of your neck where the hunter had just placed his harsh lips. His touch was completely different from that of the other man...on the contrary, Jonathan's caress couldn't arouse any emotion in you other than discomfort that inexplicably agitated your blood.

《I-I think I should go back...I left some important things and I need to get them back–》

《You mean those letters scattered on the street? I don't think it's a good idea to go back now and not alone...I can go and retrieve them personally, if this is not a problem for you.》

He made himself available to bring back your precious papers, until you remembered what McCullum had done to one of them, in front of you.

When you accepted, you went back to your room to await his arrival, but when you entered you saw the silhouette of Lady Ashbury sitting in front of a work table.

《Y/n, I was waiting for you.》  She said as she stood up. Until now, you have never denied her company when she came to see you...but this time, she looked at you with alert eyes and eager to give you some important news.

《I know someone who may know where your Creator is.》

《What is this "Creator"?》  You looked at her with a bewildered expression.

Elizabeth explained to you that this was what they called whoever turned humans into vampires depriving them of death.

《We can all be the Creator of another vampire...that's why we need to choose our prey carefully and make sure then it's dead. Unfortunately, these are mistakes that are often made, out of our control...》

There were still many things you still didn't know about being a vampire; Elizabeth went on by telling you who this contact of hers was...he was one of the most important and influential of the Ekon race, known as Lord Redgrave.
You didn't hesitate when you asked her where he was.

《He's the chairman and founder of the Ascalon Club, an organization made up of vampires of aristocratic lineage.》  She took a step towards you  《But getting in there isn't as easy as you think...the access to the club is strictly for men only.》

Even if the times were certainly not the best, it seemed almost strange to you that there was still something that prevented a woman from joining, especially within a club. Of course, this wasn't like everyone else and you imagined something really creepy and dangerous, until Lady Ashbury revealed its location, in the heart of the West End.

《The building is well known by the most prestigious men in the country, including humans.》  She concluded.

At that moment, the woman turned her back; even if she had revealed this information to you, it didn't mean you should have left...she was absolutely going to talk to Jonathan about it.