Chapter 01

Every month I post a poll for the story of the month in my Patreon. This is supposed to be a one-shot but I decided cut it into several chapters for an easy read. This is for the month of February.

Special thanks to my patrons:

Makoto.Ackermann
Lutimo
Tiffany Brown
Rosie Morris
John W Ballantyne
Dani Li
Midnight Dark

------

"Dad!" My daughter laughed at his father. "We couldn't solve the horoscope!"

"Oh! I thought we have to solve it like those puzzles." My mate laughed awkwardly and a little embarrassed because his own daughter corrected him. "What about this, this section looks fun to read."

"The Obituary?"

"Yeah, it's similar to the show that you love watching."

"Dad!" My daughter giggled. "The show was "The Observatory" not "The Obituary!"

I simply smiled at their little interaction on the living floor. I won't deny that my mate's stupid because he really was. But if someone dared to harm him, I'll make sure that it will be their last day on earth.

You might be wondering how a sophisticated Omega like me, who's smart, dashing, a COE of Recon Corps, with money that could buy an island- would settle with someone as stupid as Eren Yeager.

If you're here to know, then, place your ass on a chair. I promise it wouldn't be long.

----

3 years ago.

I was keeping an eye on the new employees as they go on with their work. We had around 30 this month and I had to keep an eye on them to see if half of them deserved the job. Everyone was tensed as expected, except for one.

I stopped and stood behind a certain newbie's desk and watched her work. She's an Omega with short blonde hair. She didn't even flinch when she felt me stood behind her to observe, unlike the other newbies. She focused on her work, typing away on her keyboard like she had no care of the world.

Now, this was my kind of people, not because she's an Omega like me but I'm proud to have her here under my wing. I looked over the name on her PC. Historai Reises, huh.

"Ah!"

A girlish scream caught everyone's attention. Right on the far side corner, a brunette Alpha fussed over the copy machine.

Another idiot on my floor? Great.

I turned my gaze to Petra. She's my assistant and both of us were out of our desk to observe the newbies. She's an exceptional Omega but she's too soft with the newbies, that's why I'm always present during observation.

"Yeager," Petra calmly addressed the idiot, noticing that the Alpha was panicking. "I suggest that you turn it off, sweety."

"I-I can't!" The brunette Alpha repeatedly pressed the on/off button, causing the machine to go off and on.

What a fucking idiot, and he's an Alpha? Then, he's a disgrace of the dynamic.

"Petra-" I was about to order Petra to take over when smoke came out from the machine.

Everyone gasped and stood from their chairs. Panic raised on the floor as they eyed the smoke from the machine.

"Hold it," I ordered. Immediately, everyone tried to remain calm but I could tell they didn't return to their work. All eyes were on the idiot Alpha.

"Oh, no!" Yeager was it? He had the brain to grab a fire extinguisher but he just held it in his hands. Confused like a baby holding his first toy.

"What the fuck?!" I cursed at his stupidity. Was this guy for real? Was he a real Alpha? That couldn't be right, Alphas were exceptional individuals, it was embedded in their genes but also, that doesn't mean that Omegas and Beta were useless. As an Omega, I confirmed that.

"Eren, darling." Petra cooed and offered him a smile. "Just pull off the plug."

"Oh, okay." He nodded and knelt to pull the plug.

Then the machine produced a loud bang, and in a split second, it was in flames.

"Eren! Get away from there!" Petra shrieked and Yeager jumped away from the machine, dropping the fire extinguisher.

"Oh, god." I massaged my temples as I watched the other employees attempted to put out the flames.

When the smoke detector caught the smoke, the sprinklers above our heads activated. Some of the employees screamed at the cold water that started to soak everyone. But it easily put off the flaming copy machine.

"Everyone! Evacuate the floor!" Petra shouted and took the lead.

When I saw the idiot responsible for this mess, I growled. "Except for Yeager."

The Alpha heard me loud and clear and froze on his spot with his head down.

Once everyone was out of the floor, I marched my way towards him. My gaze scanned at all the computers that were probably broken by now with all the water. This fucker had to work for the next ten years to pay for everything.

I stopped when I'm in front of him and eyed him from head to toe. He's fucking tall but I could tell he wanted to curl up like a petty shrimp. Brunette, tanned skin, average clothes and fuck those sneakers were dirty as hell.

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when he suddenly fell on his knees and looked up at me.

"Please don't fire me! I need this job!" He begged.

And I was staring back at the most pretty set of eyes I ever seen. Those beautiful forest green orbs were stunning, not to mention his boyish-innocent face and his voice. Ah, his voice, it felt like it belonged to an angel. My inner Omega instincts purred at the single swift of his Alphan scent. Pine and the breeze from the ocean. It's a bit salty on the side, but the pine balanced it out, making his scent perfect. Just staring into those eyes, that pretty face, and smelling that delectable scent. My heart skipped a beat.

"I'm not firing you."

What the fuck happened to me, you say? I don't fucking know. I blame it on my Omegan instincts. I met several smart and good-mannered Alphas but I didn't fancy them. And here, a stupid Alpha that couldn't even use a copy machine and fire extinguisher made my heartbeat and my instincts purr?!

"Really?!" He beamed at me with a big smile, and I'm a creep for admiring those white pearly teeth of his. And his eyes? They shine.

Oh, God. This guy would be the end of Levi Ackerman.

"Don't worry! I'll tape the roof so the water will stop!"

I blinked at him. Shit, he's stupid and... fuck it- I love him!

----

edited 02/26/21