Chapter 26

The following morning, I got up with good mood. I didn't know what happened to me but it felt some burden left from my shoulders. After getting ready, I went to hall where I heard commotion. I looked carefully what's going on. I saw karan was helping mom in kitchen that's why dad and Soham who never touched chores were helping to preparing breakfast.

They were so busy in themselves that they didn't notice I came in hall. I greeted loudly, "Good morning."

Dad and Soham looked at me then got busy into their work. I didn't mind them but went to kitchen and stood at kitchen door. The kitchen was not big. Mom and karan were already into kitchen that's why there was no more space. Mom gave me slight glance and got busy but karan looked at me with bright smile and winked towards me. I blushed deeply and lowered my head with smile. Now, I understood why my mood suddenly better since last evening.

I asked mom, "Mom, what are you cooking in breakfast?"

She didn't give me answer but said in low voice, "I always imagined that one day you will help me on kitchen. But I don't think so I will have seen that lucky day."

I wanted to stomped my foot on floor but I didn't. I opened my mouth with pursing lips, "Mom". Why did mom need to say it in front of karan.

Karan said with calm voice, "Mom, you don't need to worry. I will help you on kitchen onwards today instead of her."

Mom looked at him with affection, "Son in law, You are really talented in cooking unlike her."

I looked both of them with my open mouth. What's the meaning by 'Mom' and 'Son in law'?

I remember correctly my mom has only two daughters. Richa and me. Richa is already married and I haven't agreed to marry him till now.

what's going on here? Forget it. I knew if I stayed there for more few minutes, mom would nag me again. It's better to leave. I didn't want to lose my face anymore in front of Karan.

I came into hall and sat on dinning table and looked dad and Soham who were cutting salad. Sohan looked at me and commented with smirk, "Looking at your face, mom nagged you just now."

I looked at him with frown and didn't say anything. He looked towards kitchen and continued in lower voice, "Don't look at me like it. Mom already nagged dad and me in morning. It's all your fault."

I asked with confusion, "How is my fault in it?"

He looked at dad and I also looked dad. Dad sighed heavily and Soham told, "He is here because of you. He is already rich and famous and he is helping in chores that's why mom nagged us."

A bright and proud smile came on my lips and I whispered into his ear, because dad was with us and I didn't want him to hear it, "Now, you understood my charm."

Soham glared me and said with gritted teeth, "Oh.. come on... You are only lucky you know it very well. By the way, do you know his any secret?"

I glared at him and thought, 'Why does it feel I heard his last line before?' When I recalled, I shook my head my own siblings think like it about me.

I glanced at dad and I noticed dad couldn't hear our conversation. I was relieved. I made my face and told Soham, "Don't overthink. Do you ever love someone?"

He laughed lightly, "but I don't think I will be blind in love."

I said with gritted my teeth, "For god sake, I am your sister."

He chuckled, "I know that's why I didn't give him any advice till yet. By the way, when will he take our burden?"

When I understood what he said, I got angry. I looked at dad and complained, "dad,he is calling me burden. Am I burden for you?"