chapter 5

After dinner, sameera and I was watching TV. Sameera stretch her body and said with laziness, " it's late. Don't you want to go to your room and sleep. I sighed loudly and rubbed her neck, "Actually, I am also sleepy but I am confused. My all stuff have moved into Karan room and I don't want to share room with him."
She smirked, "do you have any choice?"
I made my face, "I know but I won't give up hope. I am so confused if he wants to punish me, he will slap me or beat me."
"Do you think he is doing for taking revenge?" As she asked, I shrugged my shoulders. She continued, "I talked him about it. Actually, I also couldn't understand his intentions. He told me he wants you to be his girlfriend because of others. You are not our relatives. If our competitors or others would get to know that you are living into our house. They will start rumors which are not good for you. That's why he is saving your reputation."
I rubbed my pupils, "oh, it's that simple. Why did not he tell me?" I smiled. I stood up excitedly and bid her, "good night and sweet dreams."
She was confused, "are you going?" I nodded, "see you tomorrow morning."
She nodded. I left her room and took steps towards his room.
I stood in front of his room and knocked. After few seconds, I opened the door. He was doing something on his laptop. He looked at me and said, "it's your room also that's why you don't need to knock." I didn't say anything and stood there. I was thinking how to start to say. After few minutes, he asked without looking towards me, "are you planning to stand there whole night?"
I quickly gave respond, "no, actually I have to talk you. If you are busy, I will come back later. As I turned back, I heard his voice, "where are you going? How many times have I told you it's your room. Say what you want.
I gulped, turned towards him and tried to convince him, "if you are doing it for others, we will not necessary to share the room. We can pretend for them. But inside the house, we can live separate rooms. Who will know about it."
He smiled, "it means Sameera told you." I nodded. He put his laptop a side and came to close me, "when we are really in relationship, why would we need to pretend? And we are in modern world, it's common to share the room."
I told him angrily, "it's common for you. But for me, it's not. I will share room only with my husband."
He smirked and said into my ear, "then pretend me your husband."
I pushed him away, "it's joke for you. I am leaving."
He held my wrist and took me into his arms. I told him, "let me go." He was not listening me. He let me sit on the bed and said, "just sleep. I am tired and I have not energy to discuss with you anything. And I am not doing it for others, I am doing it because I want."
He laid on the bed and switched off the light. But I was sitting on the bed. He forced me to lay next to him. As I tried to move, he scolded, "don't you sleep without moving."
"I am not feeling comfortable here."
"Have habit of it." And he held me tightly. Seriously, I was not feeling comfortable. How could I sleep like that? But have I any other choice? I thought it was better to die with hands of criminal.

The following morning,
After Karan going to office, sameera asked me with excited, "tell me what happened last night?"
I sighed, "I thought I would convince him that we can live separate rooms but he didn't listen me."
She asked with shining eyes, "I am not interested in what did you discussion. I am asking. Did he force you or you want it?"
"Why would I want... " I stopped to say further because something clicked into my mind. I looked at her and asked, "what do you want to ask?"
She tried to make me understand, "I want to ask.... Both of you..."
I cut her off, "you are thinking so much. We shared bed that's it. Nothing happened what you are thinking."
"Are you sure?" She asked me in disbelief.
I nodded, "I am sure." "Ohhh"it was her response.
*********

Sameera and I came back from shopping. She is really crazy for shopping. We entered into home with chatting.
We stopped as we looked Karan at hall. We went to near him and she asked, "what are you doing at home this time?" He pointed who was in front of him. We turned him. Sameera greeted him, "hello Mr commissioner." He greeted back to her. I was thinking why he is here. Karan told me, "Natasha come here." As I sit next to him, he put his hand on my waist and pulled me towards him. He introduced me to commissioner, "Natasha, he is commissioner." And Mr commissioner, she is Natasha." We greeted each other.
Sameera asked, "Did you find her family? who is she?"
My heart beat was stopped. But I was trying to ready myself for any condition. He answered, "sorry, Miss Mehta, we can't find. Actually, there is not missing report from last month which match with miss Natasha. We are doing our best. I hope we will find soon."
Karan held me tight, "it's ok. We know you are doing your best."
I asked in disbelief, "are you sure? There is no missing report. May be, it will not from this city, but from other city..." I was shocked.
They looked at me with surprising but I looked only him. He says d with confident, "yes, there is not Missing report. Because we are interacted with every police station in India. If it might be from another city, your family knew that you came in this city. They might mention it in report. And they contacted with us. That's why I am really sorry. Don't worry we are searching."
Karan patted me with softly, "it's ok commissioner. If you will find anything, contact us." He nodded and left.
There were tears into my eyes. Karan noticed it and hugged me, "it's ok Natasha. I am here for you."
I told him with sobbing, "nobody loves me. Why did not my family report?"
He looked at me and wiped my tears, "why are you saying it? I love you. And don't worry they are searching your family. We are also your family."
Sameera sat next to me and took my hand into her hand, "he is right. We are your family. Don't worry we are here for you."
I nodded, "thanks both of you." I stood up, "I am tired I need to rest."
"But..." Karan tried to say something but I cut him off, "please..." I said with looking him.
He nodded. And I came into my room. I closed the door and laid on the bed.
I was crying. 'How can it possible? My family didn't report for missing me. It's more than one month. They are not worried for me. I know they wanted me to get married. But they never wanted to get rid of me. They love me. I know it. But why didn't they report? Is something happened to them? But criminal don't know who I am. I am not sure they saw me but they don't know my identify. How can they know my family? Not it's not possible. But my family...' I was remembering old days when we siblings fight with each other. Take to each other. I remembered I was sick for one month. They cared me. They fed me. They asked me what I wanted to eat. My mom and sister helped me to taking bath and other stuff. My dad and brother bought tasty dishes for me. But what happened now? I am missing for more than one month. And they didn't report it.' I had headache because of crying and thinking. I was feeling that my brain was going to explode. That's why I tried to remember good memories and I don't know when I slept.

When I woke up, I felt someone was playing with my hairs. I knew it was Karan. That's why I held blanket and covered my face. I turned other side. I felt he laid next to me. He put his hand on my waist and tried me to turned towards him. But I forced not to.
I heard his voice, "I know you are awake. Why are you hiding from me?"
"I want to be alone." I told him nicely.
I felt his breath on my neck, "I know you are upset. You can talk me. If you don't want to talk me, you can talk to sameera. She is worried for you."
"I don't want to talk now. Tell her, I am fine." I told him.
"Ok dont talk. Let's go for dinner." He suggested.
"I have no appetite."
"You didn't eat anything after coming from shopping. If you don't eat, I will not eat." I felt his smile.
I smiled but I didn't say anything.
He took deep breath, "come on Natasha, at least, look at me."
I didn't response that's why he made me turn to him. I didn't objection. He looked at my face and asked with worry, "you are crying again."
"I am missing my family. I am burden for you. Now I want to go to my family." I told him honestly.
He looked at me, "you are not burden on me. I am serious for you."
"But..." He put his finger on my lips, "let me finish first. I don't know what do you think about me but I will not let you go anywhere. By the way, you don't remember about your family. That's why start your life from now. I will be with you forever."
I didn't listen him and looked at him, "but if something happened to my family? I am worried for them. Why didn't they report?"
He took deep breath, "did you listen to me what I said?" He asked me with irritation.
I nodded. Actually, my focus was only my family. I was thinking about them. My mind was not able to work except them.
He sighed, "ok, let's go for dinner."
"But..." I tried to refuse but he cut me off, "you didn't left any choice for me."
He picked me into his arms. I told him, "ok, I can walk myself." He looked at me for sure. Then he put me down.
*******
I could not focus on anything. I was missing my family. I was worried them. I didn't know how to contact them. I was thinking about their security. I talked Karan about it. He ensured me that he will take care everything. But I didn't know how will he take care when he didn't know about my family. Sameera asked me to cheer up. She tried me to cheer up but nothing was working on me. I love my family. I was living with them because of my family security. I knew criminals have contact. If they will get to know where I am, who I am and where is my family. I don't know what will they do? I searched for that murder on internet. It was sure that day a murder happened. But police didn't get to know who is criminal and what is the motive of murder. I was trying to collect all information. The victim was also belong to high family. When they couldn't do anything, how can I do something about that murder. I wished that I didn't see that murder that night. My life was simple. By the way, why I came in this city first? I was missing my old boring and simple life.

It was dinner time. As usual, sameera, Karan and I were eating. We were silent. From that day, I didn't talk to anyone. I gave only answering to them. I knew they were worried for me but I can not help them about it. I heard sameera voice, "Natasha..."
I looked at her. She continued, "you stay at home and get bored. Why didn't you join office?"
"But I have no education certificate with me. Who will give me job with education certificate and experience?" I asked her innocently.
"Don't worry. I will talk to my manager. If you want to join, he will help you to find out in which stream do you have interest." Karan told with smile.
I looked at him and asked excitedly, "are you serious?" He nodded with smile.