Chapter 12

It was lunch time and I was eating with my colleagues. I received a call. As I saw the screen, I picked up, "hello"
I heard his voice from other side of phone, "it's lunch time. What's your plan?"
I put the spoon in my mouth and told him while chewing, "I am eating now."
I heard his shocking voice, "how can you eat without me?"
I replied without thinking, "by mouth"
I knew he was shocked and I wanted to see his face like that. But I could imagine that's why I smiled.
I heard his voice again, "I mean now everyone knows about it. Don't you think we should eat together?"
Everyone was looking at me on the table. That's why I replied quickly, "I will talk to you later, bye."
I cut the call and gave them a fake smile, did my head down and started to eat silently.
But after few minutes, I realised everyone was looking behind me with shocking expression. I followed their gaze and looked my behind. I couldn't believe on my eyes that's why I blinked my eyes many times if I saw something wrong.
But I heard his voice, "Can I join?" He looked at me with smile then others. He was standing with lunch tray in his hands.
I looked others on my table and they nodded. He thanked and sat next to my chair.
I opened my mouth to say something but soon closed. Because I didn't know what to say him that time.
Everyone was looking at him with amazing look. I knew why because he is the CEO of company and joined us.
I put my hand on my forehead and looked kavish. He mouthed without sound, 'insane'.
He was right because I was thinking the same. Karan whispered into my ear, "don't you eat yourself or do i have to feed you?"
I shook my head with unbelievable and started to eat.
There were silent on the table but I could feel the awkward.

After finishing lunch, I said to Karan, "I want to talk you."
He chuckled, "anytime"
We came out the canteen and went to terrace as nobody could hear us.
I looked at him and asked, "What was it? I mean why did you come there?"
"What's the wrong in it? You can't come to me that's why I come to you. Is there any problem if I will eat in canteen? I don't think it should be." He asked raising with his eyebrows.
I looked at him, "you are really unbelievable. Can you see how everyone was looking at us?"
He put his hands on my shoulders, "I don't care about anyone else. I want to know about how do you feel. Are you embrassed with me?"
I opened my mouth then shut down  He was right why was I acting like it. I told him, "I am not embrassed."
He smiled, "then fine. You will come to my office to eat otherwise I will come to you from tomorrow. It's on you. I have to work to do. See you later."
He kissed on my forehead and left me with lot of thoughts.
When I came back to my department, everyone was smiling. It's the friendly smile but I was feeling uncomfortable. I knew to whom I need to talk.
I knocked at his cabin door. After getting his response, I entered into his cabin. He was looking at me that's why I sat on the chair which was front table and asked, "what do I do?"
He sighed, "Sorry, I can't help you in this matter. I know it's insane but if I interfere, he will get it wrong way. Nobody can change what he wants."
I took a deep breath, "I know. But I want to hear some comfort words from you. He said that I will go to his office otherwise he will come. If I go to his office, everyone will think I am egoistic. If I don't, he will come and its creepy."
He took some mintues to open his mouth, "what do you want?"
"I don't know that's why I need your suggestion." I replied.
"I have a suggestion to you don't think so much. We will see what will happen tomorrow."
When I came back on my seat, my colleagues were happy that he joined us. Yeah, kavish was right I didn't need to think so much.
I continued to eat luch at canteen. I wanted to see when Karan gave up. But he is stubborn than me. He would never gave up. That's why in the end, both of us started to eat lunch with canteen with staffs.

After few days,
In the evening, Karan came at home but he told me, "I have a important meeting. That's why I have to go. I will come late. Don't wait for me."
I wanted to ask what meeting? Why was it so late? But I understood the work importance that's why I nodded with smile.
Karan turned towards to bathroom for getting ready. And I told him, "I am in hall if you need anything. Just call me."
He nodded and I came into hall. Sameera was also not at home. I didn't know when would she come. It means I had to spend time alone. I switched on the tv and started to search channel what to watch. Then I decided to watch comedy serial. I was watching and laughing then I noticed Karan was coming. He was in his suits and he was looking handsome. By the way, he always looks handsome.
He smirked because he noticed I was drooling him. When I noticed, I tuned my face other side. But it was late because he joined me on the couch and whispered into my ear, "do you like it?"
I hit on his chest lightly, "I don't know what are you talking. Let me watch the serial."
He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulled me towards him and asked, "don't you say goodbye to me?"
I blushed but covered it immediately, "bye and come back soon."
He raised his eyebrows, "like that?" Before I gave response, he started to kiss me. He was teasing me with his lips that's why it's hard to control myself. And I joined to him. He was on top of me and kissing me and I was kissing him. I forgot that we were in the hall.
I came into senses when I heard someone voice, "what are you two doing here?" She was almost shouting.
Karan also looked towards the voice. As we saw, it's sameera. He got up from me. Her hands were on her hips, "don't you have your bedroom? How can you forget that both of you don't live here alone." She was glaring us.
My cheeks were getting red with embrassed. Karan kissed on my forehead and said, "I am leaving now." I nodded and he left.
After his leaving, I sat on the couch aside. I wanted to hide somewhere else. I couldn't imagine that she was witness of our kiss.
She sat beside me and said with laughing, "Look at your face. I was just kidding."
I put cushion on my face and murmured, "don't talk to me. I am feeling embrasment."
She put her hand on my shoulder, "it's ok Natasha." But I shook my head with no.
"Ok I am coming back after changing." She left and I looked at her going direction. I put my hands on face and laid back. It's so really embrassing.
I decided no thinking any more what happened just minutes ago and concentrated on the tv. Its worked and I was feeling normal now.
After few minutes, she joined me and asked, "are you alright?"
I nodded, "but don't talk about it anymore."
She laughed, "fine" we started to watch tv again.
She suggested during advertisement, "don't you think both of you should get married now." I looked at her as if I heard wrong. But her expression told me that I heard right.
She continued, "I mean you are dating last few months. Everyone knows about your relationship. What do you say?"
"I never thought about marriage. It's not that I don't want to get married to him. But he doesn't know about my past, my family. Even I need my family approval to get married. I don't remember anything but I feel attached with my family." I told her what I was thinking. I lied to her about last sentence that I don't remember.
"I can understand you but he doesn't care about your past. So don't worry about it and think what I say." As she said, I nodded.
It's right time to tell him the truth. I decided to tell him truth that's why I was looking for opportunity.

After few days, it was Karan birthday. Sameera and I wanted to celebrate it but Karan was denying. At last, he agreed. We got busy to preparation for his birthday. We decided the guest list. I included my colleagues. Kavish was also helping us. I don't know why they had misunderstanding between them but I wished they will patch up soon. As we can enjoy together as family. I decided to tell him after his birthday. I didn't know how would he react that's why I didn't want to spoil his birthday.
I was praying that everything would be fine after it.
Now, I didn't care that who was murderer and why did they kill that man? I only care about my family and Karan and his family.

Before the day of his birthday, samera asked me, "did you decide about his gift till yet?"
I sighed with disappointment, "I am confused. I asked to Karan what he needs from me. He said he doesn't need anything because he has everything." Sameera chuckled. I didn't tell his flirting part because I didn't want to feel embrassed in front her again.
She grabbed my hand and said, "let's go to stores. We will find something so soon."
I nodded and we went to mall and looked a lot of stuffs for gifting but nothing would suit on him.
At last, I chose a wrist watch for him. I knew he has a lot but I wanted to give him something to show him my love. In return, we stopped birthday venue and checked everything for next day. It was surprise for him by Sameera and me. I didn't know what would happen after his birthday but I was positive. 

It was his birthday. I woke up before his waking up. I put his gift on the bed side table and waiting for his waking up. He was sleeping quietly. I wished we could live like that always. But suddenly, my mood dropped suddenly. I felt something was going to wrong. Then I felt his arms around my waist and heard his sleepy voice, "good morning"
I ignored my feelings and turned towards him with smile, "Happy birthday to you."
He put his head on my crook of neck and said with husky voice, "thank you my love."
We stayed like that for some seconds then I remembered about his gift. I pushed him lightly and he looked me with confusion look. I chuckled and pointed one second by my finger. Then I bend to sided table and took his gift. I turned towards him and told him with cheerful voice, "here is your gift."
He smiled, "I already told you. I don't need any gift. I need only you."
I chuckled, "I know but I want to give you something today. Now, open it and tell me you like it or not."
He took the gift from my hand and murmured, "let's see what have you given me?"
He opened the gift and looking the watch. I was trying to read his expression but I have not talent to read someone expression. I opened my mouth with hesitation, "I know you have a lot but I wanted to give you it. If you don't like it, we can change it."
He hugged me and said with happiness, "I like it. Actually, I am speechless what to say. It is the best gift of my life."
I smiled, "thanks but if you don't like it...."
He didn't let me finish, "I told you I like it. today, I will wear it."

When we got ready, we came to dinning table. Sameera was waiting for us. She hugged him and jumped ups and down, "happy birthday bro."
He hugged her back and thanked her.
She also gave him gift. It was a book. I knew first time that he likes reading. It means I didn't know about him. I need to know more about him.