Chapter 3

"So, this place is called Night Raven College. It is a very prestigious school for magic. There are seven dormitories; eight if you include us," I repeated back the information Yuu told me. "Students use magic pens as wands, and there are things called 'unique magic' that is special to each individual."

"Yes," Yuu nodded.

We were sitting in the dusty lounge room of Ramshackle. Headmaster Crowley had given Yuu and Grim the day off of classes to help me get caught up to speed. I was still in the ceremonial robes while I waited for my uniform.

"And then if you go crazy you go into 'Berserk Final Boss mode' and turn into a big, inky monster!" Grim tagged on.

I blinked my eyes wide open. I leaned forward in my seat, "Excuse me, what?"

"He means Overblot. I don't really get it either, but you won't have to worry too much about that," Yuu assured me.

"We actually fought one! The tyrant dorm leader of Heartslabyul,"Grim got a cocky smirk on his face. "Of course, I saved the day."

"Along with Ace and Deuce," Yuu rolled their eyes with a smile. "But seriously, it was a freak accident. Don't worry too much about it."

"Okay..." I nervously leaned back. "By the way, who are Ace and Deuce?"

"They are some of our friends. They are first-years in the Heartslabyul dorm," Yuu informed me.

"The whole reason why we had to fight that monster," Grim grumbled.

As soon as they said that, there was a knock at the door. Yuu got up and went to see who it was. Gri also scampered to the door. I was left alone in the lounge with my thoughts.

Okay, so this place isn't so bad. At least I came after the rampaging monster bit. I have a lot to catch up on with classes though. Especially since I have no idea how to use magic.

"Come on Prefect Yuu, just let us say hi," a loud male voice travelled down the hall.

"I think that it would be best if they settled in more," Yuu's calm voice followed.

"Come on! You said you would fill us in afterwards, but you never showed up to class. We want to know."

A new voice spoke up, "Ace, this was probably a jarring change to them. We should listen to Yuu."

"Don't try to play the good kid Deuce. You wanted to come over here to find out what was going on too!"

"W-Well I changed my mind now! We shouldn't force ourselves onto a person!"

As the the arguing continued, curiosity got the better of me. I got up from my seat and crept towards the archway leading to the main hall. I poked my head around the corner to peak at the scene. I saw and exasperated Yuu in front of two boys and Grim. One of the boys had messy auborn hair that flared out. Over his left eye was a red heart. The other boy had neat black hair with a navy blue shine. Over his right eye was a black spade. They both wore the same uniform as Yuu, but they had a bright cherry red undervest while Yuu had none.

If those markings over their eyes are makeup, that is some dedication in the morning.

As I was analyzing the two new characters before me, an eery voice spoke in my ear, "What'cha looking at?" I froze. I slowly turned my head to see a pudgy specter looking into my eyes.

"aaAhhAHH!!" I let out a scream and sped out of the room towards the group of living people. "YUU! GRIM! GHOST!" I ran up to Yuu and tapped their shoulder rapidly as I let out a slew of word, "Th-there was a g-g-ghost! In the lounge! It had a top hat and pudgy cheeks and it came up and whispered in my ear and and-"