Chapter 23

Continuation ......

Khushi looked at that man, and her eyes widened in shock because it was none other than Mr. Rahul Malhotra.

"See, Di, how he is looking at me," Divya said.

Rahul turned towards Khushi, and he was also shocked see Khushi.

"Khu-Khushi," his voice came out as a whisper.

"Mr. Malhotra," Khushi said, giving him a small smile.

Divya was looking at them in confusion.

"Di, do you know this shameless man?" She asked, Khushi glaring at Rahul.

Khushi's eyes widened in horror.

"Actually, Divi...he is Mr. Ra-"

"Let it be, Di. I don't want to know about this monkey. Come on, lets go, Di."

What... monkey? Like seriously, who calls a handsome man like me a monkey? Rahul asked himself in his mind.

Divya dragged Khushi along with her.

Khushi looked behind her and held her one ear with her free hand and mumbled sorry for her sister's behaviour. Rahul just gave her a sweet smile and nodded his head, assuring her that it's fine. Divya looked over her shoulder and glared at him.

"She is really cute," he thought as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, bro, why are you smiling alone here?" Shourya, who went to get coffee, came back with two cups of coffee.

"Nothing, it's -ju-just...Ya, I met one of my friends," Rahul said, stammering a little and looking everywhere but him.

"Oh really... boy or a girl?" Shourya asked with a mischievous smile.

Rahul glared at him.

Shourya shrugged his shoulders. "What? I am just asking. I also have the right to know everything about my best friend, right?" He said, looking at Rahul, who was busy glaring at him.

"Boy...fine?" Rahul said, snatching one cup of coffee from Shourya's hand, and started walking from there.

Shourya ran behind him, "but I don't believe you."

"Ok, fine, don't believe it. Now let's go to aunty and Neha," Rahul said, glaring at Shourya while walking.

"Don't get upset, bro...I was just pulling your legs."

Rahul and Shourya came there to pick up Avantika and Neha, who were doing wedding shopping.

"Mom, are you both done with your shopping?" Shourya asked Avantika.

"Yes, Shourya, let's go."  Avantika put a  few shopping bags in Shourya's hands, and they all started to go from there. While going, something caught Shourya's attention.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Di, see this. Am I looking good?" Divya asked Khushi.

"Yes, Divi. You are look stunning in it."

"Yes, Divya, you are looking gorgeous." Nitya also praised her.

"Ok, then, I am taking this one," she said excitedly, and she went to change into her original dress.

"Khushi, go and try this one," Nitya gave one dress to Khushi to try.

"Oh, Nitya, how many dresses should I try?" Khushi was all tired. For the past half an hour, Nitya has given her at least ten dresses to try.

"Please, this is the last one. See, this looks so beautiful... and you will also look beautiful in it," Nitya said, making puppy eyes, which made Khushi find it difficult to ignore.

Khushi glared at her. "This is the last one I am trying, and if you tell me to change into some other dresses, I am going to kill you."

"I promise this is the last one," Nitya grinned.

Khushi hummed and went to change and came out wearing that dress.

"Who is this sexy lady?" Nitya asked in a dramatic way

"Shut up, Nitya!" Khushi glared at her and said. "Now tell me. How I am looking." She asked, hoping for a positive answer.

"Look at you, Khushi. You are looking fabulous! Oh my god, I am really jealous of you. How can you look beautiful in any dress?"

Khushi laughed at her friend.

Khushi felt like someone was gazing at her, and her gaze fell on the doorway and her eyes widened in shock. Shourya was looking at her without blinking.

He was admiring her features in his mind.
'Beautiful' was the first word that came to his mind.

What is he doing here? Khushi asked herself in her mind.

"Hey, bro," Shourya hit back to reality when Rahul called  him. "What are you doing here? Come on, let's go," Rahul said.

"Nothing. Let's go." Shourya looked at Khushi for one last time and went with Rahul.

"Khushi, for whom are you looking at?" Nitya asked and looked behind her, but there was nobody.

"No one," Khushi said, shaking her head, and went into the changing room.

After their shopping, they went home.

Only one day is left for Khushi and Shourya's wedding.

They were both feeling restless. On one hand, Shourya doesn't know who  his bride is, and he doesn't even know her name. He didn't even bother to ask anyone.

And on the other hand, Khushi doesn't know what to do. Everyone is so happy to prepare for her wedding, but not her.

Nitya felt like Khushi was hiding something from her, and she also tried to ask her, but Khushi lied again, so Nitya thought that maybe she was overthinking, so she just brushed that thought off.

"Khushi, come to have dinner!" her mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yes, mom," she said as she shut down her laptop and went downstairs to eat dinner.

She went and sat beside Divya.

"Khushi, take off tommorow," her mom Urvashi said.

"No, mom, I can't take off, but I will try to come early," she said, and started having her food.

After having dinner, she went to her room, called Nitya, talked with her, and later went to sleep.

How's the chapter?

If you like the chapter then please do Vote and comment.

May god bless you all.

Vel💕