Chapter 42

Khushi's POV

After coming home, I don't know what happened to Shourya. He is behaving differently. The next day he brought a bed into my room. Yes, bed in my room. Not only that, he also asked me to have food with him. First, I thought maybe I was dreaming, but no, it was all reality.

Flashback

After coming home, I freshened up and sat down to do my work. But I got disturbed by a knock on my door.
I went to open the door, and I was shocked to see three men carrying a bed.

"Maam, it's Shourya sir's order to keep this bed in your room," one man said, looking at my confused face.

"There is no need for that. Take it back," I said.

They looked at each other.

"But, maam-"

"Tell your Shourya sir that there is no need for this bed. I am comfortable  sleeping on the floor."

So, after tasting his own medicine, he got to know the effect of it.

They turned back to take that bed back. "You don't have to take it back. Keep it in her room," Shourya said, and he came and stood in my room.

"Who told you to bring that bed?"

"No one. This is my house, so I can bring anything anytime. I don't need anyone's permission," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "You should be happy."

"Why? Because you got another chance to call me a gold digger for using your so -called luxurious things?"

He sighed.

"Khushi, forget those things. I am giving you this bed so-"

"Forget..seriously, Shourya? How can I forget those words, which literally pierced my heart?"

"Khushi I-"i cut him off, showing my palm, and left my room.

It was afternoon. I finished my work and went downstairs to take my food into my room. Jenny was serving it to Shourya. So, I took my plate and turned to go to my room.

"Eat here with me," he said. At first I thought maybe he was saying that to Jenny so, I started going.

"Khishi, I am talking to you."

I stopped at my track and turned towards him . I thought maybe I was dreaming. So, I pinched myself, and to my surprise, I was not dreaming. He really asked me to have food with him. Jenny was also looking at him with surprise.

"You will vomit seeing trash like me sitting at your dining table and having food with you," I mocked him. He closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Khushi, from today onwards you will have your food here, and remember, I don't like to repeat myself," he said and started eating.

I looked at Jenny. She pleaded with me with her eyes to sit there with him. She always wanted that.

I sighed and sat opposite to him and started eating my food.

Flashback ends

Though I didn't want to have my food with him, but still I didn't feel like eating alone.

At home, my mom, Divya, and I used to have food together. I never had my food without them, but after my marriage, everything changed.

That day when we visited my home, I felt so good to have food with my mom and sister. I missed them a lot.