Chapter 38

Khushi's POV

After coming from the office, I freshened up and sat to read a novel. I like to read romantic novels. Today Jenny went early, saying she has some work at home.

When I was reading my novel, someone rang the doorbell.
Shourya?? But he has the keys, then why is he ringing the bell?

I went downstairs to see. I opened the door and I was shocked to see the scene in front of me.

Shourya was so drunk that he was not able to stand on his own feet. Our driver, David, was holding him.

"Khushi, sir is drunk," David said.

"Yes, I can see that," I said. "David, let's take him to his room. Wait, let me help you."
We both took him to his room and placed him on his bed.

"Khushi, now I am taking my leave. If you need any help, then please call me," He said.

I nodded. "Thank you, David."

"My pleasure," he said and left from there.

Who drinks so much that he is not able to stand on his own feet?

I sighed and started removing his shoes.

Should I remove his blazer also?

He would feel uncomfortable if he sleeps with it. So, I started removing his blazer and tie.

When I was removing his tie, my hand touched his forehead.

He was burning with fever.

I searched for a thermometer.

Oh god, where is the thermometer?

I ran to my room and took a thermometer and tablets and came to his room.

He was shivering.. AC was on.

Stupid, Khushi.

I turned off the AC and put the thermometer in his mouth.

Oh my god, he has a high fever.

What should I do now? My mind was blank in fear.

Suddenly, I remembered whenever me or Divya were having fever, mom used to put a wet cloth on our forehead and also used to wipe our bodies with a wet towel.

I immediately ran to the kitchen and took a bowl and poured some water in it and went to Shourya's room.
I took a cloth and put that in the bowl and squeezed a little and kept it on his head.

God, Please decrease his fever.

"Shourya," I called him softly trying to wake him up so that he could take a tablet, but he was not opening his eyes.

I began to panic.

"Shourya, please wake up," I tried again..

"Hmm," he hummed and moved slightly.

"Shourya, you have a fever. Please wake up and take this medicine," I said, softly.

He slowly opened his eyes. He was looking at me with his half opened eyes.

I forwarded a tablet and a glass of water for him. He was trying to sit, but he was not able to sit. So, I kept the glass and the tablet on the table and helped him to sit. He was looking pale and helpless.

I handed him the tablet which he took without any tantrums and drank water. I kept that glass on the table and helped him to lie down on the bed, and covered him with the blanket.

'God, please decrease his fever' I was constantly praying in my mind.

After half an hour, I checked his fever again, but instead of decreasing, it increased.