Isobel

Cherith sat up as soon as she woke up the following morning, glad that she’d been able to heal her sprain over the night

She still had to pretend a bit though, so as not to heal too quickly and it becomes suspicious.

She’d told Jenna to inform the teachers that she wouldn’t be able to go to school for the day, or rather, the rest of the week, so she could heal faster and at least be able to limp with her own leg rather than using those crutches that now laid at the end of her bed.

Magical healing was a wondrous thing.

She also planned to say hi to Bonnie after school, talk to her and catch up on what was going on with her.

It had taken a while for Jenna to accept, thankfully, she knew Bonnie and had her number in case Cherith suddenly ‘decided to go hunting again.’

Cherith stood up slightly, feeling some pain in her lap and grudgingly used the crutches to walk out of her room and into the bathroom where Elena was brushing.

She grimaced when she saw her, not wanting to talk to her but she needed to brush.

Elena turned as soon as Cherith entered and her eyes widened.

“Oh my God! H-how are you feeling now? I got home rather late and I didn’t see the message until later.”

“Oh, wow… glad to see you care.”

Cherith sarcastically answered her sister and Elena sighed.

“I was busy Cherith… Stefan—”

Cherith frowned.

“It’s really not my business, Elena. Your boyfriend is obviously more important than your sister so, like, whatever.”

She finished, moving to grab her tooth brush.

“Please, Cherith. Stefan was in a really bad place—”

“And I was too!”

Cherith spat back at her sister, startling her.

“I was in pain! Granted it was my fault, but I had wondered when my sister would come to see me. But… I’m not worth your time, right Elena? Look… you’ve known me to have less emotional priorities than the rest of you all, but I do care about my family. But, it would seem that I really should begin to care less. It’s better that way…”

She said, looking into the mirror with a blank look and brushing her teeth, ignoring Elena who only stared at her.

“Cherith… Stefan was in pain—”

“Would you shut it about Stefan?!”

Cherith finally snapped, her eyes crimson and red light exploding out of her as the lights flickered in the bathroom and the glass on the wall got a massive crack in it, Elena moving back, slight fear in her eyes.