Kill or Be Killed

8th Century Europe

8th Century Europe.

Somewhere in Wales.

"Please Collen! I beg of you, do not let hatred rule your heart!"

Brannock Cadwallader begged the high warlock of the Welsh Clans who turned his back on his second in command, eyes aflame with anger. The skies were blue and both stood at a beautiful field at the home of The Cadwallader family.

"Quiet Brannock! Humans have treated our kind so much like pigs for the slaughter! Burned our people on the stake, sacrificed ours for useless causes! Never again! It will stop once we have enough power to rule against them!"

Collen turns to Brannock, his jet black long hair whipping in the wind and his dark eyes filled with malice.

"Your Clan should join us! If it does, we will have a number of the factions under yours with mine. We will be more than enough to enslave the pitiful humans of Wales. Join me brother, and we will unleash our pain against them."

Brannock looked away, pain in his eyes as he stared at his old friend.

"Collen, what has gotten into you? I know you've always disregarded the humans since we were but boys... but this is going too far!"

Brannock urged his friend as his blonde hair whipped in the wind.

Collen scoffed, looking at Brannock unimpressed.

"Then you must be blind, not to have noticed this is who I have always been. I am Collen, high priest and head of the Harkness witches and warlocks. Our family has reigned this lands for centuries. Our power, innumerable and above others, even your own clan Brannock. Do not let our waning friendship end like this."

He warned but Brannock shook his head resolutely.

"It seems we cannot come to a conclusion old friend, but-"

Before he could continue, a loud boom disrupted their conversation and the two men in their late 60s stumbled slightly as a tremor shook the ground.

After it stopped and the dust around the settled, their eyes widened, as just in front of them, laid the most beautiful stone they had ever seen, floating and humming of absolute magic.

It was a red color mixed with gold.

It radiated energy... so much energy, that it made the men strain so as not to fall to their knees.

"What could this be?"

Brannock wondered and Collen's eyes narrowed as he breathed in and the magic he smelt, felt like magic never before seen.