sixteen. days of simplicity

sixteen
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
days of simplicity

sixteen⋇⋆✦⋆⋇↳ days of simplicity ↲

I TOO COULD REMEMBER A TIME, in the days of simplicity, when I had been immersed in water

I TOO COULD REMEMBER A TIME, in the days of simplicity, when I had been immersed in water. Though, not entirely, only my head. My fingers slipped against the porcelain sink; the water in which overflowed, making the ceramic impossible to clasp onto.

My chest burned with agony as an involuntary breath overtook my throat, a searing mouthful of water rushing through my lungs while I attempted to lift myself, a stronger force holding me down.

Seconds after my arms had haulted from their thrashing due to a wave of drowsiness that hit, the hand against my skull lifted, leaving my head to pull back. Pieces of soaked hair framed my face, droplets of water trailing down my neck as I stared to the enraged one beside me, 'the man of the house'.

It was triggered by a simple action, whereupon, out of all the scattered beer bottles on the ground; him instructing me to get him another, I had told him that he didn't need anymore. That was when his drunkened state had him stumbling up, interlocking his fingers into my hair as I was dragged to the bathroom.

My blurred, stinging eyes traveled away from him, taking an uneven, large breath as my body subsided to the floor. His shouts drowned away from the sounds of the sink finally draining, water rushing through the weakened old pipes.

It was the seafood colored chemical cleaning liquid that reminded me of this event as I dragged the mop against the floor, the tail dripping while I lifted it once again. It's head was dunked into the substance again, and again on the account of what I had been doing for hours, cleaning.

I was right back in the same place I had escaped. It felt like a never ending circle, sheltered from the two people I wondered about, Beth, and Carol.

The younger girl hadn't made it out, and I wasn't sure whether to believe i'd ever see the blonde again, or not. I'd watched as she was brought down, cuffed against her will. What happened after, I couldn't be sure of. Because of this, my thoughts spiraled. Was she alright? Dead? Or, was she here, within close proximity.