twenty. the walls between us

twenty
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇
the walls between us

twenty⋇⋆✦⋆⋇↳ the walls between us ↲

I LOOKED OUT OF THE CLOUDED RV WINDOWS, watching the 'North 23' sign grow closer in distance

I LOOKED OUT OF THE CLOUDED RV WINDOWS, watching the 'North 23' sign grow closer in distance. The only sense of light outside we had was from the car in front of us, red taillights illuminating the dark space.

Turning my head back down to the card game laid out on the table, my hands held five cards - all of which didn't help with the current number asked of me.

"Go fish."

Noah grinned, looking to Carl who now picked up an extra card from the deck. All of us had a horrible skill for playing card games. This single match had been going on for longer than most intense games, and that said a lot, since this was a simple match of one of the easiest card games imaginable.

After endless attempted rounds, Noah put his hands up, slapping his stack of cards to the table. "I think I'm retiring from this match. Someone come get me when the action rolls in."

Sitting across from us, Eugene stared. "I do believe that is the uttermost incorrect way to play 'Go Fish'."

"Dude, it's just a game. Plus, your not even playing." Tara nudged him.

I shuffled the cards in my hands, smiling at the new card I'd drawn, while Eugene informed Tara on the mathematical side of the game. Up in the front, Abraham drove. Rosita accompanied him, the two whispering happily.  He was the only one willing to get us where we needed in the dark, trailing after the others. Being that not everyone could fit in this vehicle, it was agreed to place Aaron in the car ahead with Rick, Michonne, and Glenn.

"Holy motherload of shit!" Abraham cursed, suddenly pressing the brakes harshly. The force sent the cards to scatter on the ground.

Rosita stood up, placing her fingers on the dash while looking ahead. "Why aren't they falling back? We need to turn around."

I looked up. The small car was going full speed, plowing through a sudden burst of walkers ahead, clearing a gap in the road filled with dead. They must not have seen them, until it was too late. Though, we wouldn't be able to get past with the amount of corpses stripping themselves from the grass line, and filling the path so quickly. They walked forward at our headlights, causing Abraham to shift the gear in reverse.