Worried Pacita 2

"Are you...not going out today?"
Amadeus asks Pacita when they are done eating breakfast.

Pacita is red and flushed from drinking. Her worried expression is still evident in her face.
Pacita smiles and taps the wine.
"We will stay here a bit longer."

Amadeus nods and left.
He still have lots of things to do. His study load doesnt need to be compromise for her.
He knows that Pacita is just a Duchess in name but he cant help looking back at her.
The woman with wild ideas is now drowned in gloominess something that doesnt match her fiery attitude.

Amadeus turns away.

***

Pacita is a bit happy. She waited all day but nothing happened.
The security in her room also doubled thanks to the butler's effeciency. She may not be able to increase his salary but she will give good talk about him when the Duke returns. A woman pillow talk is always the best 'talk'.

That same night, the woman dress in black easily enters her bedroom.

Pacita is so scared to make a squeak.
She is inching on the head board of the bed as the woman walks inches near her.

"Lady, Master asks you to double your effort." The woman puts another golden bottle...bet its the same poison, and bow before leaving.

Pacita finally breathes out after she left.

Tears slowly went down her cheeks.

She looks at the poison on the floor and glares at it.

"Double....double my effort...." she hates this so-called family.
"Nobles are never nice people!" She angrily hits the bed with her fist.

***

Amadeus is shock to see Pacita dazzing on the dining area.
Her soulless reddish eyes looks more horrid than yesterday.

Her hair is a bit messy too.

"Mother,"

Pacita looks up and see Amadeus.
Tears cant help pouring out.
"Amadeus,"

Amadeus is shock with her reaction.
He unconsciously walk faster to her side. But before he can reach her she already wipe the tears.

"Im sorry. I had a bad dream last night. Let's eat?"

Amadeus stares at Pacita's trembling lips.

"Is that so?"

Pacita nods.

"I see." Amadeus sat on his usual seat.

Pacita looks at the soup but she didnt bother a single sip

***

"Madame, we cant increase your guard anymore than this..." the butler is also in a bind.
The Duke said let the Duchess's father sent any men he wanted so they let them pass pretending they didnt notice.
But Pacita's hestirical pleading is breaking even the old man's heart.

Pacita is shaken.
If her husband is here....she will be able to slip to his bedroom...but....

"What is wrong?" Amadeus looks at the butler and Pacita.
Pacita's eyes are once again breaming with tears.

"Vill..." Pacita blinks.
"Yes. I can sleep with you."

"Excuse me?" Amadeus and the butler are stunned with Pacita's bold exclamation.

Pacita grabs Amadeus hand.
"I can sleep in your room right?"

Amadeus is relieved that she is not planning any nasty attitude but why sleep in his room? Then he remembers Pacita asking to increase more men to her bedroom.

He looks away as he control his emotion.
"Fine."

Pacita looks delighted.

The butler on the other hand looks shocked with Amadeus approval.