Here come the little angels

Back in Mumbai, Shashi had already been talking to the inspector and Social Worker for almost the last 2 weeks. They had agreed to temporarily hold Akasnsha's adoption availability as the foster family had graciously offered to let the child be with them for as long as necessary hearing the special situation of the family.

The day before, Khushi had finally gotten the 'all clear' from her doctors and the family was anxiously waiting for the little girl's visit. Even Madhumati, who had initially been reluctant, worried that the adoption might negatively impact Khushi's future was coming around to the idea, especially when Garima and Shashi revealed that they had the resources to help Khushi, with Shashi's plans to reopen his new sweatshop well underway, was now eagerly awaiting the arrival of the child.

Khushi was already pacing near the door, her nails on the verge of being chewed. Clad in a bright yellow Anarkali style suit, with her hair left open, she was finally looking like her old self, in contrast to the pale loose outfits she was wearing these past few weeks. She was excited, of course, but also nervous. She was meeting this girl properly for the first time, and unbeknownst to everyone else, she was already considering adopting her.

The doorbell's tune couldn't even finish the first ring when a burst of yellow wind reached it in one go. The social worker leaned slightly back when the door was suddenly opened and she was welcomed with an anxious face staring at her stomach while a dupatta dropped to the floor from mid-air. If she hadn't guessed Khushi's identity almost immediately from a photo the police had already given her, she would've definitely been weirded out. She noticed Khushi's eyes dim in excitement for just around a second until they landed on her hands.

Khushi slowly crouched down tilting to the left and finally caught a glimpse of the 3-year-old child. Akansha was dressed in a pink and gold dress, shyly hiding behind the Social worker's legs. Her tiny hands were griping the lady's hands with a little difficulty as she curiously looked around at the potted plants kept on the porch. As soon as their eyes met, the older girl immediately froze. The resemblance was almost uncanny. Her eyes, nose, the shape of her face, everything was exactly the same.

Akansha had a cute little face with rosy cheeks, the same hazel eyes and straight nose that the sisters had inherited from their mother. She felt tears starting to well up in her eyes as she kept looking at the innocent face and as she thought about the monstrosities life had already showered on that sweet little child, she couldn't control the 2 lone tears starting to run down her face. She closed her eyes to stop them when she suddenly felt a soft touch on her face. Instead of stopping, she could almost no longer control her tears as she laughed helping the child wipe them off her face. She smiled at the little girl, her eyes still clearly bursting with emotions. Before she had a minute to react, Akansha immediately threw herself in Khushi's arms as soon as saw the smile, her developing mind finding the closest resemblance to her mother's face, whom she hadn't seen in nearly 3 months. Khushi immediately wrapped her arms around the child rubbing her back and caressing her hair as the little girl started crying at the overwhelming surge of relief and comfort.

The audience in this scene also couldn't hold back their own tears as they watched from the living room and porch.