Gone

The room was silent enough to hear a pin drop.
It was clear that after the conversations and revelations they had experienced that day, not one person had the mind to speak.
Nani was lying in her bed with silent tears on her face and closed eyes while her son sat on the stool beside her bed with a look of disappointment and despondency on his face which hung low in shame.
Manorama was seated on the opposite bed, beside a silent glassy-eyed Payal her hand lightly caressing the latter's head.
NK was sleeping under the effect of the sedatives kicking in after his stressful outburst.
Anjali was still on her bed, half sitting and half laying looking directly in front of her with almost no expression on her face.
After lashing out at her brother and all the drama that followed, it was like her soul had been paused. Expression left her body as she slipped into a trance trying to process all the information in her head.
The inspector had come in some time back but seeing the condition of everyone excused himself, and said that he would come back later.

And it was this very scene that Akash entered into as he walked in, shoulders slumped and head hung low.

Being the only one who heard the footsteps, Manohar slowly looked up and exclaimed his son's name which caught everyone else's attention.
When Payal was stabilized, Aman had told them that Akash had gone to get information about Khushi making all of them eager for his arrival.
Akash looked up at his family's curious and worry-filled eyes, unsure of how he would break the news to them.

Aman was sitting on the steel bench clasping his head.
He was also worried like the Raizadas, but what added to his worries was the man in the room right opposite to him, sedated.

A nurse taking a patient for a regular walk bad seen Arnav behind a tree, unconscious and completely unresponsive.
It was lucky that they were at a hospital and treatment was administered immediately otherwise his case could have been complicated.
Arnav hadn't had a proper meal for over 24 hours and even slipped his medicines that day, adding to that he had diabetes resulting in a severe case of hypoglycemia under all the stress.

He was unconscious for almost an hour and as soon as he woke up, he wanted to just give up and tried ripping the IV needle from his arm. Aman had thankfully been in the room and called the doctor while he physically restrained his boss.

Never in his 5 years working with ASR had he seen the man in such a position of weakness. Even when they lost major deals or the doctors told him that there was no cure for Anjali's condition. Personal or Professional, his boss had always been a wall of strength. He had never seen the man look so defeated. He had seen him give up to Anjali's demands, frustrated at his grandmother's insistence on marriage, saddened when Anjali's marriage was fixed, lost at NK's Australia return, and worried when Khushi announced her decision of leaving Delhi, but today was different. The closest ASR had been to this state was at his cousin's marriage when he ordered him to bring the marriage contract papers.
Aman had to admit, being the brother of 2 sisters, he felt extremely pitiful when ASR had revealed his intention of putting a time limit on the marriage. Aman did predict that Khushi and Arnav would get into a relationship, but never such. He had assumed that ASR was challenging her and wanted to marry her to prove a point since he did not hold a belief in marriage himself.