Terror

The next morning, like always, Payal woke up and got ready, only this time before going downstairs she decided to check on her sister once.

Once she reached Khushi and Arnav's room, she knocked expecting her sister to already have woken up as was thier usual routine.

But as soon as her knuckles touched the door, it gave away.
Frowning, she opened it all the way remembering clearly that she'd asked Khushi to lock it before sleeping.

Completely prepared to scold her sister for the carelessness, she entered only to see the unmade bed and empty room.

Suddenly feeling a little nervous, she looked around and checked the washroom. Stepping onto the deserted poolside only for her face to turn completely pale.

Controlling herself from hyperventilating, she ran downstairs and checked every single place Khushi could be in.

After going through an empty kitchen, temple and hall, she couldn't control her tears and stood in the temple clutching her forehead thinking where her sister could go so early in the morning.

Finding no other option, she shouted her sister's name out loud.

Within two minutes, the entire family had come down with the exception of Shyam.

" Khoon Bhari Taang, kaahe itna subah subah humra booty seleep ka Bye Bye kar rahi ho."

( Bloody leg, why are you taking away my beauty sleep early in the morning.)

Manorama complained rubbing her eyes.

Nani and Manohar were about reprimand her but Aakash beat them to it. This time, seeing Payal's condition, Aakash wasn't worried about hurting his mother or his upbringing.

" Stop it Maa. Can't you see Payal's state. At least see the situation before commenting. I know she wasn't your ideal choice for a daughter-in-law, but you can at least respect her as a human being. Here she's crying in tension, and you're complaining about your sleep. Since the day, we've been married you haven't left one chance to demean Payalji or Khushiji. This is the limit, a person is distressed here and you're scolding them instead of asking about what's the problem. You say that I have changed after marriage, but the truth is that since the day Payalji entered this house, it is you that is changing, day by day it is you who is turning heartless. If you don't want to accept Payal, then fine, I will leave...."

( Team #punishmami, are you happy now.)

Seeing the situation worsen, Anjali took charge.

" Akaash this is not the time."

Mami stood stunned, while Manohar remained silent, shocked at his quiet and shy son taking a son.

Nani turned to Payal, who was still crying and held her shoulder comfortingly.

" Payal bitiya, baat kaa hai? Aap aise aur Khushiji ko kaahe bula rahi hai?"

( Payal dear, what's the matter? You in this state, and why are are you calling Khushi? )

Payal who was crying harder by now looked up at the old women and said slowly, sniffing.