007 | Let's get out of here

"There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human- in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time." – C. Joybell

 Joybell

༺♥༻

KIM

"Why don't you put your hair up in a ponytail?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked and he walked over to his desk and picked up a scrunchie.He walked behind me and his hands touched my hair.Oh gosh I'm going to faint.He gently reached into my hair and started putting it in a ponytail.I just stood there with my heart pounding in my stomach.

He was almost done and when he went to tie it he pulled my hair but not gently this time.It made my head tilt back,and the worst part was that I groaned because of the pain.

Normal people with normal minds wouldn't make a big deal out of it.But I'm not normal and I certainly don't have a normal mind.I sexualize things that should not be sexualized.It was just a groan,a simple one because of the pain.I mean he almost ripped your hair out,he almost took your head off.

He was getting close to my neck and I didn't know how to act.He stepped back and walked back to his desk.What kind of fucked up shit is happening here?He said employment relationship is not allowed but what about boss-employee relationship? You're a fool if you really think it will ever happen.

"So you wanted to talk to me?" I asked

"Yeah,I heard that you and Sadie are very close and I haven't heard from her in two days." That's weird,I talked to her 3 days ago and everything was fine. "She told me that her kid is sick and that's why she has to stay home" I told him.But why didn't Sadie inform him?

...

I want to visit Sadie,something feels weird and I'm worried.She always takes care of me when I need help so I should do the same.After my shift was over I got in my car and drove to her house.As soon as I parked my car in front of her house I heard yelling .I walked a little closer to get a better look and it was Peter's yells,Sadie's husband.What is going on?

As soon as I heard Sadie scream I ran into the house.Without knocking I opened the door and there were Sadie and Peter.Peter was holding a vase and Sadie was sitting in the corner crying.Is he hurting her?There was a 10 seconds of silence then I ran to Sadie as Peter threw the vase at us.I was lucky and the vase landed next to me and crashed into the wall.

I have never seen Peter like that ,he was completely out of his mind,like a psychopath.Is this the first time this had happened or does it happen more often ?I feel so sorry for Sadie and her kids.I hope he didn't hurt the kids.

"Come on Sadie let's get out of here" I held out my hands and she took them. "Where do you think you are going?" Peter said grabbing Sadie's other hand.

"Let go of her! What is wrong with you?" I yelled.I quickly pulled Sadie away and ran out with her.As soon as we were in the car I drove away and when I stopped I immediately called the police.I should talk to her but I don't think she is ready.I will wait and when she finds the best time to talk I will listen to her and help her.

The ride home was silent but I don't expect her to talk.She went through a lot.I can't believe I couldn't see through Peter.He acted so innocent when I was staying there.He acted like a normal father,a normal husband.

As soon as we arrived she laid down in my bed. "Where were the kids?" I asked because I was really curious about that. "I took them to my mother before this happened." She said sobbing.I hate to see my loved ones cry.

"When you're ready to talk I'm here,okay?" I asked and she nodded.She fell asleep and I went to take a shower.I told the cops everything and they took Peter to the police station.I hope he gets behind bars

...

He's hurting me,he's yelling at me.The kids are away,at least they don't have to see this.He's turned into a monster.He lost a bet and he owes some people money.I told him I can't help him because I have to take care of the kids but he doesn't care.He's throwing things at me,he's hurting himself.I hate seeing him like this.He gets angry for no reason.

My jaw dropped.Tears were running down my cheeks.How could Sadie keep this secret from everyone.She should have asked for help.Obviously I know she is scared and that it's hard.

Retrospect :

"Kim"

"Kim are you awake?" I heard from the other room.Sadie is awake .I quickly ran to her and she stopped crying,thank god.I sat down next to her and hugged her.She doesn't deserve this,she is the sweetest person in the world.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything but I was afraid he would hurt the kids" She started and I nodded,I totally understand her actions.

I think I would have done the same thing.If you are surrounded with people like Peter,who can easily lose their head I would be careful as well.

"Please read this.I don't want to read it myself and I can't talk about it so please just read it.I wrote down everything that happened lately." She said and a tear fell on her cheek.I wiped the tear away and hugged her again.She fell asleep again and I started reading the letter.